Hubot adapter for Rocket.Chat!
Feel free to join us in the #hubot channel to discuss hubot, and any scripts you might be working on.
BREAKING CHANGES: v2.x.x contains major breaking changes. Starting with this version:
- Only Hubot v3 will be supported
- you should only use Rocket.Chat Server version 0.63.0 or higher
- Yeoman generator support is discontinued, you should start your project with our hubot v3 boilerplate
- NodeJS 8 or later is required for operations
- The latest ES6 syntax in NodeJS 8, including the popular async-await, is fully supported
v1.x.x versions of the adapter is only compatible with 0.37.1 and higher of Rocket.Chat Server. Yes, you should be able to continue using v1.x.x adapter and CoffeeScript bots with the most up-to-date version of the server.
If you are using Rocket.Chat 0.35.0 or earlier, please use v0.1.4 of the adapter. (releases between 0.35.0 and 0.37.1 are not recommended for hubot operations)
If you want to integrate Rocket.Chat with GitHub or GitLab. Make sure you visit the Rocket.Chat.Ops project before starting. We already have many scripts that add webhook events and access GitHub/GitLab APIs. You can easily extend these scripts for your custom application.
For v2.x.x of the Adapter (Hubot v3 and ES6 support)
If you are writing CoffeeScript bots, need Hubot 2.x and v1.x.x or v0.x.x of the adapter, please see instructions for v1.x.x of the adapter.
The following instructions are ONLY for v2.x.x of the adapter.
Getting your bot connected to Rocket.Chat
Here is a sample run: