Clementi Stadium will close for redevelopment from July 7, to reopen in 2030

Sign up now: Get ST's newsletters delivered to your inbox

The redevelopment was previously announced in 2024.

The revamped Clementi Stadium will feature a new jogging track, softball field and multi-purpose field for baseball or football, as well as sheltered courts.

ST PHOTO: GAVIN FOO

Google Preferred Source badge

SINGAPORE – Clementi Stadium will be closed from July 7 for redevelopment works and will reopen in 2030, said Minister for Education Desmond Lee.

The revamped stadium will feature a new jogging track, softball field and multi-purpose field for baseball or football, as well as sheltered courts, said Lee in a Facebook post on June 1.

The current stadium has a pitch, a running track and a fitness corner, according to the ActiveSG website.

The redevelopment was announced in 2024 by Lee, who is an MP for West Coast-Jurong West GRC.

The stadium, which opened in 1983, sits on a plot between West Coast Road and the Ayer Rajah Expressway.

During the temporary closure of Clementi Stadium, Lee said, members of the public can head to alternative venues such as Clementi Sports and Recreation Centre, Jurong East Stadium and Bukit Gombak Stadium.

“Thank you for your patience and understanding as our colleagues from Sport Singapore build a better space for our community. We look forward to welcoming you back to a bigger and better Clementi Stadium,” he added.

Top stories

Explore top stories from all sections in one place

Read the full story and more

Want more exclusives, sharp insights into what’s happening at home and abroad? Subscribe now.

ST One Digital Plan
ST One Digital Plan
Monthly Recurring
$9.90/month
No lock-in contract
No lock-in contract

    Enjoy these subscriber benefits

  • Access all subscriber-only content on ST app and straitstimes.com
  • Easy access any time via ST app on one mobile device.
  • E-paper with 2-week archive so you won’t miss out on content that matters to you
See more on
Recommended buys
All products have been vetted by the SPH Media shopping team. We may earn an affiliate commission if you buy through our links.

Council of Presidential Advisers welcomes new chairman Tan Chong Meng and four members

Sign up now: Get ST's newsletters delivered to your inbox

President Tharman Shanmugaratnam (left)and new chairman of the Council of Presidential Advisers Tan Chong Meng.

President Tharman Shanmugaratnam (left)and new chairman of the Council of Presidential Advisers Tan Chong Meng.

PHOTO: MDDI

Google Preferred Source badge

SINGAPORE - Chairman of the National University Health System Tan Chong Meng has taken over Eddie Teo as chairman of the Council of Presidential Advisers (CPA).

The new chairman and four members of the council were appointed by President Tharman Shanmugaratnam on June 1.

The four are senior adviser at Singtel Chua Sock Koong, who was reappointed; Keppel chairman Piyush Gupta; chairman of Singapore LNG Corporation Gan Seow Kee; and chairman of the Energy Market Authority Tan Ching Yee as an alternate member on the council, said the President’s Office in a statement on June 2.