We use cookies to tailor your experience and present relevant ads. By clicking “Accept”, you agree that cookies can be placed per our Privacy Policy
ACCEPT
Iran points finger at Saudis and UAE after Chinese-made drone was shot down
SIGN IN
Advertisement

Woo lowers his guns

1-MIN READ1-MIN
0
Advertisement

He made his name splattering the streets of Hong Kong with blood-soaked thrillers, but director John Woo is about to show his warmer, softer side. And it's all for the kids.

Woo yesterday was promoting the DVD box sets of his A Better Tomorrow series (all three parts) and a The Killer/Bullet In The Head double feature (which will be released on Thursday), when he revealed his next project would be something completely different - a Unicef film to heighten awareness of the plight of some of the world's underprivileged children.

All the Invisible Children will feature seven short films from international directors such as Woo, Ridley Scott (Gladiator) and Brazil's Katie Lund (City of God).

Advertisement
Advertisement

Iran demands explanations from Saudis and UAE after Chinese-made drone was shot down

Tehran says it has shot down a Wing Loong II, which could be proof of ‘active complicity’ in the US-Israeli war

2-MIN READ2-MIN
29
Listen
Advertisement
Iran says a Wing Long II drone has been shot down over its territory. Photo: Dickson Lee
Iran has demanded explanations from two Gulf states equipped with Chinese-made Wing Loong II drones after one was reportedly shot down in the war with the United States and Israel.

Both the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia are known to have the reconnaissance and precision strike drones in their arsenals.

The drone was shot down over the city of Shiraz on Thursday, according to Esmail Baqaei, a spokesman for the Iranian foreign ministry.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Downed US airman found after ‘heavy firefight’ in Iran

Donald Trump says on social media the missing crewman had been injured but is now ‘safe and sound’

3-MIN READ3-MIN
99+
Listen
Iran’s Revolutionary Guard released photos of what it said were downed US aircraft. Photo: AFP
The second crew member of a downed US F-15E fighter jet has been rescued, US President Donald Trump said on Sunday.

Trump posted on social media: “WE GOT HIM! … I am thrilled to let you know [he] is now SAFE and SOUND.”

Earlier, a US government official told Al Jazeera the airman had been located following a “heavy firefight”.

Trump said the US military had carried out a search and rescue operation over several hours, sending dozens of aircraft armed with “the most lethal weapons in the world” to retrieve the airman. “He sustained injuries, but he will be just fine,” Trump wrote.

According to The New York Times, rescue planes flew the airman to Kuwait for medical treatment.

The rescue came as the US-Israel war against Iran entered its 37th day.
Advertisement
Select Voice
Select Speed
1.00x