BIOS Tools

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by amiga, Aug 21, 2007.

1. David Verocei

David Verocei MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2019
    Hi.
    Please help me in bios usb dissabled setup problem?
    The bios reset with removing the battery not works and there isn't reset jumper.
    win10 run on modecom free pc with remote control.
    The bios read, write, setup possible use under the win10. ( USB keyboard not work )
    Under remote control the mouse and keyboard work.
    AMI AFIWIN.exe V-version read and write bios data. ( AMI Aptio 5.008 )
    What can i do for default BIOS setup?

2. justwhatiam

justwhatiam MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2015
    Looking for a way to change Acer laptop Serial and UID (Insyde)

3. heewing

heewing MDL Novice

May 18, 2009
    thank you for sharing

4. quid

quid MDL Addicted

Oct 22, 2010
  5. johnsmith1882

johnsmith1882 MDL Novice

Mar 28, 2013
    Is there any way to change the service tag on a Dell XPS 15 9550 ?

I have tried Dell Platform Tags v4.0.27.0, AMI DMIEdit and other old Dell tools but nothing has worked. With Platform Tags I can change the asset tag successfully but there is no listed option to change the service tag. Am I missing something or am I using the wrong tool ??

I read about SmMfgCfg32/64.exe but apparently I need a file called s2token.tbl because this tool is made to be run / connect to Dells internal network. I also read about changing the asset tag to "pass:12/34" which would put the board into manufacturing mode, but I have not tried this yet (and don't know if it will allow me to change the service tag since it seems this is mostly for SLIC modification).

I have the old board with me but I have not yet swapped the ROM chips or started playing around with the external programmer.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

6. blaz42

blaz42 MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2013
    On some boards (I have experience with DELL desktop boards only) there is jumper labeled "SERVICE" (in notebook it could be a pair of pads) - when I shorted it out, it cleared the service tag and allowed me to enter it again directly from BIOS setup (I am not sure now if I needed to power the system up with the jumper closed) You could try to look for something like that.

7. exone25

exone25 MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2019
    Hi, i am looking for an asus tool called bt2.exe. All i can find on the web is the older Version of the tool bt.exe, but it seems that this one is too old for my Notebook as i get "no support extf function" error when trying to use it.

I am trying to get my keyboard backlight back to life in my asus ROG g752vsk after a RMA. There are several posts on the web if you want to Look up what needs to bei done , but here is a short description:

I need to edit cnfg page of eeprom/nvram and change the DD block fromm FF to 7C with the command: bt2.exe -c cnfg /w DD 7C

With the older Version of bt i get the error mentioned above so i need the never version bt2, or any other tool that is able to edit that cnfg page.

Rewriting my bios dump with mmtool and a hex Editor and reflashing with afudos did Flash succesfully, but the changes did reset back to FF after flashing so this does not work unfortunatly.

Appreciate any help or a link/message with the needed tool :) thanks in advance!

8. quid

quid MDL Addicted

Oct 22, 2010
  9. zevitas

zevitas MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2012
    Hi,

I am trying to write a BIOS with a changed ROM-ID to a X11 Supermicro motherboard. New BIOS versions only likes AFUWIN AFUEFI etc over version 5.09 with that board.
    Unfortunately /X Switch does not bypass the ROM-ID check and it gives ROM-ID mismatch when you try to write it.

I do not have a AFU version that is equal or later than 5.09 that I can use /GAN switch. Does anybody have a version that is 5.09 or later that I can use /GAN switch or do you know if the switch is changed ?

Thank you

10. 555LE

555LE MDL Expert

Aug 14, 2010
    Aquarius OLD DMIEDIT

Attached Files:

• DMI.7z
      File size:
      492.4 KB
      Views:
  11. zevitas

zevitas MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2012
    Unfortunately it could not read the firmware file. Regular public AFUWINX64, AFUEFI over 5.09 works but those will not accept /GAN
    Thank you for the link though. If anybody has a solution or information I appreciate it.

Thanks

12. HB-One

HB-One MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2019
    #840 HB-One, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Is there some universal BIOS tool that can read, write and erase Windows CD-Keys?
    I ask because I purchased a laptop with Windows 8 pre-installed and I have forgotten the CD-Key.

EDIT: I forgot to ask about Intel AMT/ME. I have heard of people either disabling it or removing it entirely without any problems.