Prey > 総合掲示板 > トピックの詳細
PanicButton 2017年5月7日 6時06分
20 save slot limit? really?
And when you go to the bottom of the list to delete the early saves, it jumps up to the top after deleting....so you have to scroll down every time.

Arkane pulled the same sh*t with Dishonored 2.
投稿主: Rise:
I know this is an old thread, but I have a solution for the save slot limitation and there's DLC coming out so this might help people in the future.

Make sure your steam cloud saves are turned off, then once you hit the max save slots used, navigate to

C:/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Saved Games/Arkane Studios/Prey/SaveGames/Campaign0 (this was my path in Windows 7 it could be different for you)

There should be 20 manual saves starting with the name "manual0", make a copy of the last one (for me it was "manual19") then paste the copy in the same folder and rename it "manual20"

The game only checks for the "save limit" at 20 saves, so once you have 21 it will let you continue saving whenever you want with no limit.

Hope this helps people more than the children bickering in this thread over how many saves you really "need" in a game that tells you right from that start you can "play your way"
I personally would rather not waste time deciding if I should overwrite a save when I can just save anytime with no limitation.
< 1 2 3 4 >
1-15 / 46 のコメントを表示
rH 2017年5月7日 6時10分 
Dont make so many saves then. Simple.
karhu 2017年5月7日 6時15分 
Hazuki の投稿を引用:
Or don't buy the game! That's even more simple and as we can agree, nothing else matters than simplicity. Y u no as simple as me?
PanicButton 2017年5月7日 6時18分 
Hazuki の投稿を引用:
You're a special little snowflake...aren't you?
Sticks 2017年5月7日 6時20分 
Why not just use quick saves? Thats pretty much all I've been using and it works fine.
Coovesinator 2017年5月7日 6時21分 
A serious question - why on earth would you need more than twenty? That's loads. Aside from quick saves I'm only using one slot, occasionally a second to try a different build or route briefly.
最近の変更はCoovesinatorが行いました; 2017年5月7日 6時22分
PanicButton 2017年5月7日 6時22分 
Two reasons:
1. if a save gets corrupted, you need another, and quicksaves just rewrite the same slot. (although we also have an autosave slot...but better safe than sorry)
2. I like to have some proper saves at earlier points to back to if I need (for achievements and such)

But the "why" shouldn't matter. This is 2017, why do we have a save system from the original playstation era?
最近の変更はPanicButtonが行いました; 2017年5月7日 6時24分
karhu 2017年5月7日 6時25分 
I like how ppl always questions other users' needs when they themselve don't need the same thing.
Sticks 2017年5月7日 6時27分 
karhu の投稿を引用:
I like how ppl always questions other users' needs when they themselve don't need the same thing.

Yeah its almost like people are curious as to why anyone would need more than 20 save slots, what a crime.
MTL5 2017年5月7日 6時29分 
Coovesinator の投稿を引用:
A serious question - why on earth would you need more than twenty?
Fans of this genre tend to create a new save file every time they press a button, walk around a corner, or reload their weapon.
KRON 2017年5月7日 6時31分 
karhu の投稿を引用:
Or don't buy the game! That's even more simple and as we can agree, nothing else matters than simplicity. Y u no as simple as me?

PanicButton の投稿を引用:
You're a special little snowflake...aren't you?
The simple solution sometimes is the right one. Also, I don't get why the hell would you use 20 saves. Why don't you just overwrite one save?
Sponticore 2017年5月7日 6時33分 
Heres a grand solution, quicksave while playing, manual save when you quit or before a big decision. Its not even like you cant return to past places, the map is open to you most of the game.
Mandala 2017年5月7日 6時33分 
Educate yourself why save files are limited in games, then write nonsense.
MTL5 2017年5月7日 6時33分 
KRON の投稿を引用:
karhu の投稿を引用:

PanicButton の投稿を引用:
Why don't you just overwrite one save?
Because then you have no control over which save you want to go back to.
MTL5 2017年5月7日 6時34分 
Sponticore の投稿を引用:
Heres a grand solution, quicksave while playing, manual save when you quit or before a big decision. Its not even like you cant return to past places, the map is open to you most of the game.
That's really not a solution. Skyrim is an open world, and also an immersive sim, and people create thousands of save files while playing Skyrim.
FADE 2017年5月7日 6時40分 
Overwrite?
< 1 2 3 4 >
1-15 / 46 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 15 30 50

Prey > 総合掲示板 > トピックの詳細
投稿日: 2017年5月7日 6時06分
投稿数: 46