Prey > 総合掲示板 > トピックの詳細
Oahkery 2018年6月30日 12時43分
Still just 3 save slots?
Seriously? It's 2018, and you're still limiting the number of save slots we can have at one time? I was going to hop in and try out new game+, but I guess I won't because I have 3 campaign saves and I can't start a new one without deleting an old one. Why is this still a thing? Incredibly dumb.
最近の変更はOahkeryが行いました; 2018年6月30日 12時43分
< 1 2 >
1-15 / 26 のコメントを表示
Zekiran 2018年6月30日 13時44分 
With this being published by Bethesda, who even by association *create save game corruption*, are you SURE you want that? :)
Zekiran 2018年6月30日 13時45分 
That said you can manually find the save info on your computer, COPY IT and tuck it away for later use....
craigderbyshire 2018年6月30日 20時48分 
I wouldn't have bought the game if I'd known there were only 3 save slots
Zekiran 2018年6月30日 20時52分 
If that is a game breaker I have some terrible news about many other games for you...
DivineLion 2018年6月30日 21時14分 
i thought 3 is always regular for these kinds of games
Zekiran 2018年6月30日 23時24分 
Pretty much yes.

I mean, I can understand in theory wanting more at this point - I used ot be VERY angry about Fear 2's lack of multiple ways to save and using only the checkpoint (consolllleeee porrrrt) save method. But honestly that one turned out okay in that the save points were just fine, well tested, and meant I didn't have to keep spamming my hands onto the save key and instead could just ... go into a fight.

I think since then, most games I've bought have AT MOST three slots.

For a game like this though I could certainly see the frustration when what you want is to have multiple different versions of your play through. But like I said above: you can manually copy your save files, and use them at will, provided you pay attention to what you're doing.
Lister of Smeg ︻デ =ー 2018年7月1日 2時52分 
Oahkery の投稿を引用:
Seriously? It's 2018, and you're still limiting the number of save slots we can have at one time? I was going to hop in and try out new game+, but I guess I won't because I have 3 campaign saves and I can't start a new one without deleting an old one. Why is this still a thing? Incredibly dumb.

Yet you've managed to play 56hrs with just 3 save slots
Sutherus 2018年7月1日 4時51分 
Why would 3 save slots be a problem? Zekiran is completely right. You can export/import save files. It's not that hard.
Also, you could just have multiple playthroughs (different save files) in one slot. Since you can save as much as you want that should not be a problem. You don't have to start a new save slot for every new playthrough if it's just about having different builds or something.

It's not like saves are exceptionally limited in Prey, unless your brain's capacity is incredibly limited as well.
Pablo 2018年7月1日 8時58分 
Try playing Pokemon and find out your friend wiped your 200 hours of progress.

Be GLAD you have more than 1 slot to save.
Sutherus 2018年7月1日 9時23分 
Don't let your ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ friend play your game then. This is a really stupid argument to bring up on ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Steam. Or on PC in general, where you can save most of your stuff manually without a problem.
Oahkery 2018年7月1日 9時52分 
Lister of Smeg ︻デ┳=ー の投稿を引用:
Yet you've managed to play 56hrs with just 3 save slots

What does my playtime have to do with the number of save slots at all? Yeah, I've played 56 hours ... and used up the slots doing so. If you actually read my post, I said I wanted to try out the New Game+ mode they just put in, but I can't without deleting one of those slots.

Stealth の投稿を引用:
Why would 3 save slots be a problem? Zekiran is completely right. You can export/import save files. It's not that hard. Also, you could just have multiple playthroughs (different save files) in one slot. Since you can save as much as you want that should not be a problem. You don't have to start a new save slot for every new playthrough if it's just about having different builds or something.

It's not like saves are exceptionally limited in Prey, unless your brain's capacity is incredibly limited as well.

So everything's OK because the developers put in a pointless limitation, but I can get around it by manually having to do all this crap just to be able to keep playing their game? No ♥♥♥♥, sherlock, I never said I didn't know how to get around it or keep playing, I said it's an incredibly dumb thing to still be doing at this time and especially on PC when any of the reasons they might do it on console or older games like storage space don't exist.

Zekiran の投稿を引用:
I think since then, most games I've bought have AT MOST three slots.

I don't know what games you've been playing, but there are incredibly few modern games that limit save slots on PC. FEAR 2 is almost a decade old. And even with similar games to that one, that's the type of game you just play straight through, no choices, no RPG elements, nothing to make you want to play it again or care about overwriting your old one if you do end up playing it again.
Sutherus 2018年7月1日 11時41分 
"all this crap" lol
It's ctrl+c and ctrl+v.

Oahkery の投稿を引用:
I was going to hop in and try out new game+, but I guess I won't because I have 3 campaign saves and I can't start a new one without deleting an old one.

You literally wrote that you'll be unable to play new game+ because of the limited save slots. Kinda hard to guess that you're not a total ♥♥♥♥♥♥ (which I still think you might be) when you have that information. If you knew how to do it you could just stop ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
I agree with you on the fact that it serves no real purpose. It's not exactly necessary to do it on PC and I can't find any other reason for that than laziness. Still, for you it was a reason to not play new game+ despite you're wish to do it. And to me, that is incredibly dumb.
Zekiran 2018年7月1日 13時04分 
You MUST use one of the save slots in order to USE NG+ you understand that don't you?

I mean, *that is a feature, not a flaw*. that's a planned use of a specific concerted effort to go through the game with one highly successful run, and USE that run for a NG+ basis.

For real, man. Stop crying. Learn to computer.
Oahkery 2018年7月1日 13時18分 
Zekiran の投稿を引用:
You MUST use one of the save slots in order to USE NG+ you understand that don't you?

I mean, *that is a feature, not a flaw*. that's a planned use of a specific concerted effort to go through the game with one highly successful run, and USE that run for a NG+ basis.

For real, man. Stop crying. Learn to computer.

Except when I try to start NG+ with two completed campaigns there, it won't let me. I'm sure there's a way to fix it, but I have no desire to waste time messing with BS that shouldn't be an issue if the game was designed correctly. For real, man. Stop caring about whether I think the way this is set up is complete garbage. If it doesn't affect you and you're fine going in and fixing everything for the developers just to play their game, knock yourself out. I'm expressing my completely legitimate complaint about the dumb way this is setup, not asking for help or for anyone to solve anything, just putting something out there in hopes the developers maybe see it one day. What sort of life do you have where you have nothing better to do but waste your time trying to shoot down people complaining about dumb design choices? Get a life. I, for one, am not wasting any more time on this issue or this thread.
最近の変更はOahkeryが行いました; 2018年7月1日 13時19分
Sutherus 2018年7月1日 14時10分 
You did "waste your time" complaining about stuff that is absolutely not worth complaining about in the first place. Telling someone they're wasting their time responding to it just makes you look like a hypocrite. Even if you don't agree with him, you should acknowledge that both of you (and me) are basically giving their opinion on something and noone is better or worse in this. It's your free time and you're free to do with it what you want. So, me or other people are free to do what they want, as well.

Again, you were saying it would not be possible for you to start NG+ bc of this "issue" even though you want to. Although, I'm with you on the "it's just dumb to limit it" part, I just don't understand how someone could say something like that. It just doesn't make any sense bc the only person you're hurting with that decision is yourself.

As I haven't finished the game yet I don't have first hand experience on starting NG+. From what I read from Zekiran it should take an already used slot anyways, right? So if I understand correctly, limited saves wouldn't even be a problem for that in the first place.

In addition to that I got that you have problems starting NG+ other than limited saves? If that's the case, did you perhaps finish those two campaigns before the update was released? Because from what I gathered beforehand those saves might not enable you to start NG+ for that particular reason. You'd have to finish them again in order to play NG+ on those saves. Someone wrote that you could do it from an autosave but I don't see any particular reason for why it wouldn't work from a normal save as well (didn't give any info on that and I don't actually know whether it will work, though). So it might be that you have to play the last part of your game (from the last save obv) and finish it again in order to make the game acknowledge that you're eligible for NG+.

Community solutions were always a part of gaming culture, especially on PC. Community fixes and mods exist since pretty much the beginning of gaming culture. Should it be like that? I don't know. Is that reality? Yes, of course. So just accept that there are workarounds for things like this when people are suggesting it to you. Especially if it's not actually even a bug but rather a design choice you don't agree with. Not saying that you can't complain, but it sure as hell shouldn't impact your ability to play games as long as it's not gamebreaking stuff. That's the only thing I have a problem with in your original post.
< 1 2 >
1-15 / 26 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 15 30 50

Prey > 総合掲示板 > トピックの詳細
投稿日: 2018年6月30日 12時43分
投稿数: 26