Motherboard
ASRock EP2C602
CPU
2 x E5-2680 v2
Graphics
EVGA 980 Classified
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for the excellent guide teamawesome!

I have a question regarding your power management - is XCPM enabled on your hackintosh?

I've been struggling to get it to enable in High Sierra.

No, it is not XCPM. We are using EP chips in multi-processor configuration which makes XCPM a no-go. However, you don't need XCPM for a fully functioning power management. XCPM is just one of the ways Apple has implemented CPU PM. If you follow all the steps in guide, you should have fully functional CPUPM. See Post #9. Unless I am mistaken (it has been a while since I put the guide together, but I did spend a long time researching PM at the time), there is no way to make XCPM work with our configuration.

Motherboard
Asrock EP2C602
CPU
Dual E5-2650 v2
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Appreciate the reply. I was having trouble getting PM to work. I finally managed by flagging every option with ssdtprgen (including logical processors).

Motherboard
Asrock EP2C602
CPU
Dual E5-2650 v2
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have another question - in your modified bios you mention you unlock the MSRs. Did you follow someone's guide to perform this task?

I'm really struggling to get nvme to boot, even with your modified bioses and the bcfg configuration. Bcfg shows the drive but for whatever reason in the bios boot menu it is simply absent. I had thought about taking a stab at inserting an nvme driver as outlined on the win-raid forums.

Motherboard
ASRock EP2C602
CPU
2 x E5-2680 v2
Graphics
EVGA 980 Classified
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have another question - in your modified bios you mention you unlock the MSRs. Did you follow someone's guide to perform this task?

I'm really struggling to get nvme to boot, even with your modified bioses and the bcfg configuration. Bcfg shows the drive but for whatever reason in the bios boot menu it is simply absent. I had thought about taking a stab at inserting an nvme driver as outlined on the win-raid forums.

Download the original, untouched BIOS from ASRock. It is up to you if you update the CPU microcode or not with UEFI Bios Updater (UBU). Then unlock the MSR with UEFIPatch. Lastly, add the necessary OPROM modules for NVMe boot support.

(Not all links provided due to site Rules, but you can find what you need easy enough)

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16
CPU
E5-2603 v2
Graphics
HD 5770
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
No, it is not XCPM. We are using EP chips in multi-processor configuration which makes XCPM a no-go. However, you don't need XCPM for a fully functioning power management. XCPM is just one of the ways Apple has implemented CPU PM. If you follow all the steps in guide, you should have fully functional CPUPM. See Post #9. Unless I am mistaken (it has been a while since I put the guide together, but I did spend a long time researching PM at the time), there is no way to make XCPM work with our configuration.

How about -xcpm boot option! :think:

Motherboard
ASRock EP2C602
CPU
2 x E5-2680 v2
Graphics
EVGA 980 Classified
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
How about -xcpm boot option! :think:

Doesn’t exist. Removed as of 10.12.

Motherboard
ASRock EP2C602
CPU
2 x E5-2680 v2
Graphics
EVGA 980 Classified
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@teamawesome Have you read post about ASRock EPC602D8A UEFI?

You can do this on your own to any UEFI BIOS using steps outline in Post #74. Updating CPU microcode is rather easy. I do it to all my systems long after the motherboard manufacturer stops supporting the platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.