Super Motherload > 総合掲示板 > トピックの詳細
Mister Ether 2014年6月27日 17時31分
Game freezes during explosions; appears to be thread deadlock
The game has begun freezing at random when I use TNT or C4. Given how many people are mentioning other explosives, I'm just going to assume it's not specific to those two. It also does this during the final boss fight which is extremely frustrating.

Here are some details:
  • This is about Super Motherload, not the Goldium Motherload it was bundled with.
  • I only play single player in windowed mode.
  • The freeze always occurs before explosion's animation ends. Sometimes the freeze occurs very early in the animation, sometimes in the middle. The music continues playing while the game is frozen.
  • I never encountered this problem prior to buying Smart Bombs. I got the Smart Bombs enhancement in order to start clearing out the center of the map. (The next bullet point occured immediately after this one chronologically.)
  • I never encountered this problem before I started massively clearing out the center of the map to try and leave less crap to get stuck on during the final boss. I have drastically increased how often I use explosives in any given period of time.
  • Although the freezes aren't terribly common, they often happen when I set off explosives and try to move at the same time or immediately after.
  • The game froze while blowing up the exact same section of rock and dirt two times in a row. (This was a single bolder with a patch of dirt to the right of it near the bottom edge of Beta territory and I was using TNT.)
  • The third time I landed on the patch that was freezing the game when I blew it up, I sat there for a few seconds. I noticed a black(?) icon appear in the bottom right corner of the screen for a second. It was gone too fast to see what it was, but my guess is it was an autosave notification. I then successfully blew up the section without freezing.
  • During the final boss fight at Beta level, I set off C4 and the game froze. I am pretty sure there weren't any blocks that should have been destroyed by the explosion within its range.

My best guess is there's a thread deadlock occuring between whatever thread resolves explosions and the one that saves the game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Beat the game, started a new game, and made additions/corrections.
最近の変更はMister Etherが行いました; 2014年6月27日 18時47分
< 1 2 >
1-15 / 18 のコメントを表示
micher 2014年6月30日 14時08分 
Happened to me once today, with T-Bomb, so I can confirm the problem.
I can add that my gamepad started vibrating just before the freeze and didn't stop even after the game was forcibly closed by OS. I had to take off batteries to stop the vibration.
Mister Ether 2014年6月30日 19時57分 
I recently was frozen between the first and second groups of blocks being destroyed by C4. I also managed to get a good look at the icon: it was a grey outlined folder with a black background. So what I saw the one time I didn't freeze (because I waited) was the save icon.
blueoriontiger 2015年4月19日 19時05分 
Same here. Detonated C4 and caused my controller to continually buzz. Had to manually unplug and CTRL-ALT-DEL the game instance.
Sammich 2015年5月9日 20時40分 
yep, almost a year later and this STILL seems to be a problem.
Gonzo 2015年7月5日 14時25分 
im having this problem too :/

Talint 2015年7月20日 1時39分 
Same
Talint 2015年7月20日 12時36分 
blueoriontiger の投稿を引用:
Same here. Detonated C4 and caused my controller to continually buzz. Had to manually unplug and CTRL-ALT-DEL the game instance.
is it possible to fix somehow? maybe changing from Opengl to D3D or AA off and steamoverlay off?
最近の変更はTalintが行いました; 2015年7月20日 12時50分
Mister Ether 2015年7月20日 14時50分 
The only fix I can think of would be disabling the autosave (if that's possible; haven't played in a while). All my experimentation in-game pointed to a threadlock between autosave and the explosion resolution.
White 2015年9月2日 12時04分 
Oh dang I hate this bug. I was in the middle of the boss fight, just about to complete it when BAM it freezes and the launcher X's out. Really?!
DarkSpark 2020年5月15日 18時32分 
Still a problem in 2020
Mister Ether 2020年5月15日 19時18分 
Really? Damn. It's been almost 6 years.
micher 2020年5月16日 22時48分 
Try changing renderer on launcher screen from opengl to direct 3d, not sure if it really helps or it was just luck, but I changed it and experienced no crash for few hours.
Glyde 2020年6月12日 9時10分 
same problem for me.. really annoying. i wish the devs would DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT
kingjames488 2020年10月16日 0時50分 
and I bet it works fine for the 2 hours you can refund it... guess I dodged a bullet on this one, thanks.
Mister Ether 2020年10月16日 18時43分 
The game's still beatable. You just might encounter this bug while using a lot of explosives or smart bombs.
< 1 2 >
1-15 / 18 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 15 30 50

Super Motherload > 総合掲示板 > トピックの詳細