Senior Application Engineer - Multi-domain Physical Modeling
- US-MI-Novi (Related locations: Detroit, Ann Arbor, Oakland, Michigan)
- Job Function:
- Application Engineering
- Job Number:
Shape the way industry develops mechanical and fluid systems through the use of modeling and simulation. By partnering with mechanical and control engineers you will help them advance their ability to develop and analyze complex systems.
In this pre-sales role, you will leverage your experiences to understand and effectively communicate the benefits of MathWorks tools for mechanical systems engineering. You will spend most of your time working with mechanical and fluid engineers to understand their technical and business challenges and proposing solutions for developing their systems.
- Engage with prospective customers to understand their workflow and use this knowledge to recommend effective solutions.
- Develop demonstrations including programs, application examples, and simulations to demonstrate how MathWorks software addresses the needs of our customers.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations at both small and large audience venues.
- Partner with sales representatives to provide technical guidance for selling strategies toward successful achievement of sales goals.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
- Identify new application areas and working with development and marketing to create compelling messaging and demonstrations.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Experience with Simscape
- Background in steady-state and dynamics modeling and computations for highly non-linear, coupled systems (preferably thermo-fluid).
- Expertise in numerical solution techniques for systems of non-linear differential algebraic equations is desired.
- In depth programming skills in physical modeling software (Simscape Language, Modelica, C, C++, etc.)
- Experience developing and verifying physical models for the purpose of control design, component sizing, and system performance evaluation
- Experience in deploying physical models for real time execution using hardware in the loop (HIL) systems
- MS or Ph.D. in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in both a group and individual settings.
Experience with MathWorks tools or other engineering tools such as ADAMS, AMESim, Dynasty, Modelica, Easy5, veDYNA, CarSim, Sabre, or SPICE.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 3000 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.