Game Over, Yeeaaah!
It is currently Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:26 am
Welcome to SEGAbits. Please login or register to get rid of the ad above this message. If you are having trouble registering please contact us.

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shining Series
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:21 am 
Administrator
Pao wrote:
STORM! wrote:
 Shining Force 4 / 3DS/ Sega CS#3 + Camelot. Release date: 2012?

Producer: Sawada Tsuyoshi
Character Illustration: Tamaki Yoshitaka
Composer: Motoi Sakuraba??

Want to believe... ;___;

Are these details wishful thinking or based on rumors?

Wishful thinking.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:32 am 
Segamaniaco!
SEGA Master System
Sharky wrote:
Pao wrote:
STORM! wrote:
 Shining Force 4 / 3DS/ Sega CS#3 + Camelot. Release date: 2012?

Producer: Sawada Tsuyoshi
Character Illustration: Tamaki Yoshitaka
Composer: Motoi Sakuraba??

Want to believe... ;___;

Are these details wishful thinking or based on rumors?

Wishful thinking.

Based on leaked rumors.

Shining Portal site renewal was just a rumor alongside with the others leaked infos, and now it was confirmed by Sawada himself that the site will be really relaunched this month, day 29 on his twitter account.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:46 am 
Founder of Shining Force Central
SEGA Pico
STORM! wrote:
There are bad things happening with the Shining series right now.

Rumors: Sawada is now the leader of the series after the (sales) success of Shining Hearts.

He is prepairing a "celebration" for the Shining series 20th Anniversary. Things he would do on March, 29:

- erase all the pages about the original series at the Shining World Portal Site, along with a renewal of the page;

- cut Camelot from Shining forever;

- cut Shining Force SOS Campaign;

- cut the rest of the Japanese fans of the original series.

The rumors also says that Sawada would allow Camelot to celebrate the 20th of the Shining series if they want it. Same for Climax...

Sawada Tsuyoshi is laughing about the futile and smallest number of fans of the original series around the world, showing the number of people who is following that campaign on twitter to save the series. Someone asked about the original series games on the Virtual Console, he said he will not take it off, because its just like people "visiting the museum"...

If this Sawada chap wants to make comments about the SOS Campaign he can bloody well do it to me in person, and should probably read the Campaign site too as he has totally misunderstood the point and nature of it. I don't know why he thinks that the twitter account is the actual campaign.

I don't see how he can "cut Shining Force SOS Campaign" - how exactly is he going to stop us from sending our gifts and thanks to Camelot for their work on the original series? And exactly what does it have to do with him if we're celebrating Camelot's involvement with the original games?

What a total, utter wanker. Sorry. If I was in Japan I'd go and poo on his pillow.

Rant over ;) Obviously not directed at you, Storm.

Anyway, am also interested to hear where these extra Shining game titles have sprung up from?

Will have to make a backup of the Shining World portal in case this idiot goes ahead and erases the content relating to the games which made the series great in the first place.

Message to users on 2ch (10/04/11):
This message is being quoted by Japanese people on 2ch and I would like to take moment to point out to them that it was in response to rumours of nasty things Sawada had said which may or may not have been true. If Sawada really said such things about the SOS Campaign and the series then I stand by my words. If it was just a 2ch troll, then of course the words were directed at that person and not Sawada and he has no reason at all to take offense. Everything must be taken in context people, remember that. Don't just quote bits of what I say and try to use them against me out of context.

Given that none of the rumoured things actually happened, it would of course seem that these were not said by Sawada and this would in turn mean that my response is as null and void as the rumours. Stop blowing everything out of proportion and making trouble where there should be none.

SF:SOS Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/ShiningForceSOS
Now accepting digital letters!

Last edited by Moogie on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:00 am 
Administrator
Moogie, I would take Storms rumours with more then a pinch of salt... Most of them come from 2Chan...

Baka Storm!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:11 am 
SEGA Pico
I don't tend to use much salt, but in this case I shall make an exception ;)
That said, I did get an email from a Japanese fan linking me to a post supposedly from a Sega employee saying the SF:SOS twitter account needs 20 million followers if the series is to go back to its roots.

Needless to say I ignored it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:30 am 
Segamaniaco!
SEGA Master System
Shut up Sharky! We are fighting Sawada right now :evil:

I have asked people, and yes, from some form, he can stop the Shining Force SOS Campaign. I got pissed off like some others... but since people at 2chan is tired about talking Shining, they turned into Sawada's allies >___< Too bad!

Sadly, we can't prove surely it was Sawada posting there, but we know that those posts was made by Sawada himself and his Shining team. We know that because he has posting on 2ch some time back. And his twitter always was updated almost synchronized with things we were talking over the Sega thread at 2ch.

I have to go now, but I'll be back to this thread tomorrow ;) We are confusing now about Sawada's latest revelations. Should him erase the original series or continue it with Camelot? The only thing to do now is wait for the March, 29...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:39 am 
SEGA Pico
Short of him hiring a hit man to assasinate me before I post the campaign pack to Camelot, or him bribing Japanese customs officials to destroy the SOS package (which will be sent by insured, registered mail), there is absolutely nothing he can do to stop the campaign getting to Camelot. He is obviously deluding himself if he thinks he is in any position to stop someone from sending some post. Baka desu ne!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:47 am 
Segamaniaco!
SEGA Master System
Now, we think he was just trolling EMI.

Emi is the name of the "only one" person who is trolling Sega since the launch of the SHining Project, back on the GBA era.

People believed that EMI was TAMAKI YOSHITAKA, the original designer of the series. A LOT of Shining related sites was closed due to the Emi's moves to stop the new Shining Series. Emi still alive, and I believe he/she was the one who sent email for you. Sawada told him about this 200k people to bring back the original series.

Whatever, the new Shining is rumored to appear on the 3DS or Sony's PS3.

Curiosity: Sawada bought a PS3 in January to study it. He also liked it. That's all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:36 pm 
Shining Revolutionary
SEGA Pico
STORM! wrote:
Now, we think he was just trolling EMI.
Whatever, the new Shining is rumored to appear on the 3DS or Sony's PS3.

Curiosity: Sawada bought a PS3 in January to study it. He also liked it. That's all.

Oh god you have no idea how much I hope it appears on the PS3.
I'm almost drooling at the thought.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:56 pm 
Vegan-Nerd
SEGA Pico
Agreed. I would absolutely prefer a PS3 game.

In terms of the rumours... I like that you want to fight for our beloved series, but I would recommend to remain calm and don’t waste energy on contradictory rumours. Instead we should focus on the remaining days of the campaign and the “message of love” for Camelot.

BTW, thank you STORM! for bringing and summarizing the current news and rumours in Japan. I really feel connected and up-to-date because of you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next