Game Over, Yeeaaah!
It is currently Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:25 am
Welcome to SEGAbits. Please login or register to get rid of the ad above this message. If you are having trouble registering please contact us.

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shining Series
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:40 pm 
Vegan-Nerd
SEGA Pico
@Storm!
Thanks for the nice info. I'm quite surprised about Shining Wisdom’s and Shining Force’s sales. Could you please post the source? I really would like to carry reliable figures together.

@Wilhelm
There are indeed fan games in the making. Some of them are old and abandoned or never got far, but there are also promising ones, like the Shining Force II Community Project or Bludragn’s Shining Force PC Engine.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:09 pm 
The once and future Kai.
SEGA Pico
Skateboard wrote:
2. I’m even more surprised about the statement: “...SEGA have asked Camelot a few times to develop a new Shining game for them, alas to no success”, as it is contrary to what I had thought and I think it is widely believed by the Shining fans that SEGA are the ones hindering a new Camelot title, while Camelot still would like to make them. For my part I don’t know what to think... Creditable sources on this topic are rare or non existence…

Funny, that's one of the reasons I registered here... I'm glad you beat me to it, now I can read the answers without having to ask the questions.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:15 am 
Segamaniaco!
SEGA Master System
 Sorry. There are no reliable sources for the sales of Mega-Drive games in Japan, however it is very known that on that time, the sales of a game released by the companies = almost the half what they told. If Sega said Shining Force sold 300k only in Japan, you can figure that the true sold number was 150k.

Now a small information about the Shining series:

- Shining Soul, Tears, Wind, Road... are placed in the same world of the original series, but on another continent;

- Shining Wind has introduced to the series the "real world" (our world);

- Shining Hearts is believed to take place in the Spiritual World, between the fantasy world (the whole Shining series world) and the real world (USA, Japan, Brazil, Africa, etc...).

Shining Force NEO, EXA, Feather, Cross Raid, are placed on a completely new world each one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:21 am 
SEGA Master System
ctually the truth be told, i'm getting fed up of Camelot's whining. Yes Sega treated them badly towards the end of the Saturn, but they're forgetting that Sega did them a big favour in not only getting started but esentially letting them do whatever they wanted with the series. Hardly any companies from that period and today would even allow SHINING to go the way it became in the nineties.

But in their defence, this isn't the only series from a second party to have fallen prey to other producers who want to take the series in a new direction and make a quick buck in the process. If the whole debacle with SAKURA TAISEN is to believed anyway. Why would Camelot want to be a part of something like that? Regardless if camelot want to do another title, and Sega obviously has gone out of their way not thrash their heritage(SS not included) then kiss and make up because the only ones suffering are the fans.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:26 am 
Segamaniaco!
SEGA Master System
There are bad things happening with the Shining series right now.

Rumors: Sawada is now the leader of the series after the (sales) success of Shining Hearts.

He is prepairing a "celebration" for the Shining series 20th Anniversary. Things he would do on March, 29:

- erase all the pages about the original series at the Shining World Portal Site, along with a renewal of the page;

- cut Camelot from Shining forever;

- cut Shining Force SOS Campaign;

- cut the rest of the Japanese fans of the original series.

The rumors also says that Sawada would allow Camelot to celebrate the 20th of the Shining series if they want it. Same for Climax...

Sawada Tsuyoshi is laughing about the futile and smallest number of fans of the original series around the world, showing the number of people who is following that campaign on twitter to save the series. Someone asked about the original series games on the Virtual Console, he said he will not take it off, because its just like people "visiting the museum"...

Sawada said that the only way to people get information regarding the original series, is visiting Camelot's homepage...

Jesus Christ! This is so disturbing for me (0.0;) I love the original series, more than the one created by Sawada. It's just annoying and sad that Sega has finally allowed him to do whatever he wants to the series.

I have not joined that Shining Force SOS campaign, but I'm really dissapointed with the fans of the series around the world. I know that Sega has contributed with the decline of the series around the world by not releasing all the titles out of Japan, though.

I have played all, simply ALL the titles of the "new" series, and yes, Sawada, differently from Shimosato, was trying to keep a link with the original series, but he was also putting a lot of erotic things from those romance simulation adventure games on it. I dislike that, and the story and arguments of his games are horrible. Camelot was not that good too, but was better than Sawada's ones.

I hope Sawada goes to hell soon, like Miyoshi and the producer of that "Shooting Project". ;p

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:11 am 
Segamaniaco!
SEGA Master System
 Looks like there are more coming up soon:

商標2010-092343 シャイニング・ハーツFANフェスタ
商標2010-091147 シャイニング・フォース フォーエバー/Shining Force 4ever
商標2010-065129 シャイニング学園 ~プリンセス・ラブ~
商標2010-453766 シャイニング・ウィンド オンライン

1- Shining Hearts FAN Festa
2- Shining Force 4ever
3- Shining Gakuen ~Princess Love~
4- Shining Wind ONLINE

The last one, [SHINING WIND ONLINE] was previously registered in China.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:13 am 
SEGA Master System
So a jumped up PC game, a anniversary title that doesn't sound promising, a another shining game focusing on a shy teenage female and a MMO player.

Sawada's bastardization of this series knows no bounds.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:59 am 
Segamaniaco!
SEGA Master System
Oh, thanks ROJM! I felt I was the only one in the world hating what Sawada was doing to the series :cry:

I think now is too late to stop him. I think I have to accept that the Shining series is not popular anymore anywhere :cry:

People only cares about Sonic, Sonic, Sonic... maybe I should start hating Sonic too :mrgreen:

And look, there is more: rumors says that Sega is not satisfied with the sales of Valkyria 3 and there are no plans for a sequel anymore. The series would end on the third installment. Sega CS#3 is the team behind all Sega recent RPGs and Platinum Games ... games. Sega has already sent most of the team from Valkyria to works with Sawada on the next Shining titles.

Seriously! Sawada is a FREAK! And now he is in charge and leading completely the series and got a high status inside SEGA CS#3.

Game Over for Camelot and Game Over for me. I've got tired fighting at the threads on 2ch...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:00 am 
SEGA Master System
STORM! wrote:
Oh, thanks ROJM! I felt I was the only one in the world hating what Sawada was doing to the series :cry:

I think now is too late to stop him. I think I have to accept that the Shining series is not popular anymore anywhere :cry:

People only cares about Sonic, Sonic, Sonic... maybe I should start hating Sonic too :mrgreen:

And look, there is more: rumors says that Sega is not satisfied with the sales of Valkyria 3 and there are no plans for a sequel anymore. The series would end on the third installment. Sega CS#3 is the team behind all Sega recent RPGs and Platinum Games ... games. Sega has already sent most of the team from Valkyria to works with Sawada on the next Shining titles.

Seriously! Sawada is a FREAK! And now he is in charge and leading completely the series and got a high status inside SEGA CS#3.

Game Over for Camelot and Game Over for me. I've got tired fighting at the threads on 2ch...

I've been against him since the very start he got attached to the series. The danger is now if he ends up being in charge of Sega's fledging RPG department, it truly is game over. RED and Ohji Hiroi ended up leaving Sega after similar events and they've yet to produce a decent ST game since then.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:22 am 
Segamaniaco!
SEGA Master System
 He is not yet the leader of CS#3. He has to respond to Shimosato. For a weird reason, Shimosato is now the chief/boss at Sega CS#3.

Shimosato controls the producers: Sawada, Rieko Kodama, Sakai, Virtual-On producer, and leads the projects from Platinum Games, Hatsune Miku games, K-On games, etc...

In terms of sales, Sega CS#3 is one of the most successful divisions for Sega in Japan.

And again, for some weird reason, Rieko Kodama has not rised inside Sega... like most of the fans wanted.

Seems that the next Shining title would be SHINING GAKUEN, placed in the real world... o.o;;

Last, Sega itself wants Maxima to be the next super heroine of the company.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next