GaijinPot

July 5, 2009

Go Back   Japan Forums > Japan News, Pics, Polls > Latest Japan News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2007-06-27, 10:24 AM   #1
otakuman

Default WTF!!!Foreigners are now being blamed for......

making kids unhygienic. The latest from the Wai Wai pages.

Teachers crying foul over unhygienic kids
Japanese schools are getting filled with more kids that stink, according to Sunday Mainichi (7/8).

Growing disparity between the country's haves and have-nots is believed to be behind the increase in unhygienic children.

But broken homes and the increasing number of foreigners in Japan are also being blamed.

"We have a lot of kids from homes where the parents aren't financially blessed and few have a decent education. There are a few kids who live in really shoddy apartments," a third grade teacher at a public elementary school in Tokyo tells Sunday Mainichi. "You can tell from the way they look and the way they talk that their lifestyle gives them something that makes them clearly different from the other kids."

Often that leads these children to become the subject of teasing and bullying from their better off classmates.

Other teachers blame the widening gap between the rich and poor for the situation.

"There are definitely more smelly kids around," a Tokyo junior high school teacher says. "Both parents are working during the day and some have to moonlight with bar work at night to make ends meet, so they're never at home. Kids just go to sleep whenever they feel tired, and a lot of them nod off without having taken a bath. Some kids stop coming to school because their friends keep telling them that they smell, so you can't treat the problem lightly. I tell the kids not to say things about the smell in the classroom, but frankly I find the reek to be disgusting, myself."

Since Japan's economy slipped into the doldrums in the early 1990s, companies have been shifting away from employing people as permanent staff and instead have been relying more on irregular hires. The upshot of this has been an increase in what's being called the "working poor," the people in paid employment who make barely enough money to stay above the poverty line. The Tokyo Metropolitan Government reported that last year 27.2 percent of Tokyo families are now living on less than 3 million yen a year, a 9.3 percentage point increase over the past five years.

It's not just money worries, either. Parenting standards are also apparently in decline. In a central Tokyo school, teachers were worried when one little girl stopped turning up for class. Her mother, a single parent, was not forcing her to attend and willingly let her stay away whenever she felt like it.

"Her homeroom teacher went out to the girl's home to check up on the situation. The little girl was sitting there with her hair done up in curls and dressed up like a princess. The homeroom teacher was shocked that the child was being treated virtually like a pet," a teacher at the school says. "Turns out the mother got lonely at home by herself and wanted her daughter to be around with her."

Growing numbers of foreigners are also having an influence on Japanese schools.

"There seems to be a lot of trouble surrounding couples where an older Japanese man has married a young Southeast Asian woman who's come to Japan to make some money," an education insider says.

One teacher approached a Japanese father and spoke of how his wife, who worked as a nightclub hostess and saved whatever she could while living in squalor in Japan so she could build a palatial home in her native country. The teacher, pointing out that Japan is living through an age of internationalization, encouraged the father to help his child learn Tagalog, the native tongue of his mother's homeland, the Philippines. The teacher was shocked by the father's response.

"There's no need to do that," the teacher tells Sunday Mainichi the 60-something Japanese father said. "If Japan had won that war, they'd all (Filipinos) be speaking Japanese by now." (By Ryann Connell)

June 26, 2007
Old 2007-06-27, 11:20 AM   #2
Jonci

So where was the point in which foreigners were responsible for smelly Japanese kids?
Old 2007-06-27, 12:12 PM   #3
otakuman

Default Right here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by otakuman
making kids unhygienic. The latest from the Wai Wai pages.

Teachers crying foul over unhygienic kids
Japanese schools are getting filled with more kids that stink, according to Sunday Mainichi (7/8).

Growing disparity between the country's haves and have-nots is believed to be behind the increase in unhygienic children.

**Right***
But broken homes and the increasing number of foreigners in Japan are also being blamed. ****Here****

Growing numbers of foreigners are also having an influence on Japanese schools.

"There seems to be a lot of trouble surrounding couples where an older Japanese man has married a young Southeast Asian woman who's come to Japan to make some money," an education insider says.

One teacher approached a Japanese father and spoke of how his wife, who worked as a nightclub hostess and saved whatever she could while living in squalor in Japan so she could build a palatial home in her native country. The teacher, pointing out that Japan is living through an age of internationalization, encouraged the father to help his child learn Tagalog, the native tongue of his mother's homeland, the Philippines. The teacher was shocked by the father's response.

"There's no need to do that," the teacher tells Sunday Mainichi the 60-something Japanese father said. "If Japan had won that war, they'd all (Filipinos) be speaking Japanese by now." (By Ryann Connell)

June 26, 2007
Please read it more time carefully
Old 2007-06-27, 12:26 PM   #4
what's it to you ?
Sensei

Quote:

Even though I read this carefully, I still understand what you mean.
what's it to you ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 12:40 PM   #5
edinjapan

This is really funny. It's coming from a group of people that members of the other government ministries and a lot of the common people consider to be disabled people.

For the past year I've been working for a company that dispatches foreigners to the various government offices on a contract basis. The jobs have varied from teaching military types going off on PKO missions, doing copy writing and proofreading of text for dissemination to foreign embassies and other odd or unusual jobs that the Japanese can't or won't do. Pay is good but, the hours and the way some of the staff treats you is shitty.

The worse agency to work for is the Mombusho, they treat us like we're garbage and they have an overinflated sense of self-worth and ego. They are totally out of touch with what they should be doing-lots of lofty goals but not a workable idea in any one of them.

So, if the teachers want to slime us they should take a look at themselves first. There are more sexual and mental deviants teaching in Japanese schools than in any other country in the world.
Old 2007-06-27, 12:43 PM   #6
Super Grover
Sensei

Otakuman, you quote from Wai Wai Mainichi. It has as much value as the toilet paper I use.
Super Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 01:08 PM   #7
Broken Promise Land
SupremePot

Quote:
Originally Posted by edinjapan
This is really funny. It's coming from a group of people that members of the other government ministries and a lot of the common people consider to be disabled people.

For the past year I've been working for a company that dispatches foreigners to the various government offices on a contract basis. The jobs have varied from teaching military types going off on PKO missions, doing copy writing and proofreading of text for dissemination to foreign embassies and other odd or unusual jobs that the Japanese can't or won't do. Pay is good but, the hours and the way some of the staff treats you is shitty.

The worse agency to work for is the Mombusho, they treat us like we're garbage and they have an overinflated sense of self-worth and ego. They are totally out of touch with what they should be doing-lots of lofty goals but not a workable idea in any one of them.

So, if the teachers want to slime us they should take a look at themselves first. There are more sexual and mental deviants teaching in Japanese schools than in any other country in the world.
Ed I couldn't agree with your more. I hear exactly what you are saying.
Broken Promise Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 03:07 PM   #8
Jonci

Quote:
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. That doesn't mention the reason why foreigners are to blame for smelly kids.
Old 2007-06-27, 03:11 PM   #9
edinjapan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonci
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. That doesn't mention the reason why foreigners are to blame for smelly kids.
Is it because we make them eat durianfruit?
Old 2007-06-27, 03:59 PM   #10
BadPenny
Sensei

Exclamation Filthy Foreigners

My arse !!!!!

The article in question is racist. I have been to a number of S.E. Asian countries and the people there do not stink. They are very clean as a matter of fact.

Fark that article.

Stinkin' Japanese companies outsourcing their jobs to placement agencies creating an underclass is the problem. Bastards !!

countryboy
BadPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 04:05 PM   #11
kurogane
GPG

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonci
So where was the point in which foreigners were responsible for smelly Japanese kids?
Monkey see, monkey doo doo?

Damn, did I just write that????????????????
Old 2007-06-27, 04:10 PM   #12
Kaigangirl

Horrible article... but thanks for posting it... even if it is from Wai-Wai it is indicitive of some folks unecessary and ignorant attitudes... unfortunately garbage like this fuels the fire of predjudice... grr...

Quote:
One teacher approached a Japanese father and spoke of how his wife, who worked as a nightclub hostess and saved whatever she could while living in squalor in Japan so she could build a palatial home in her native country.

And the J-father is obviously unable and unwilling to help with parenting... and appears to be OK with living in squalor after all it would not hurt him to do a bit of housework whilst his wife is a work... but this next bit says enough and unbelievable...

Quote:
The teacher, pointing out that Japan is living through an age of internationalization, encouraged the father to help his child learn Tagalog, the native tongue of his mother's homeland, the Philippines. The teacher was shocked by the father's response.

June 26, 2007

I hope his wife reads this... and realises what a worthless cVnt he is... (apologies)... but I want to go around there and shove the article and the squalor where it belongs...
Old 2007-06-27, 04:13 PM   #13
thickmick
SupremePot

[quote=BadPenny][color=#000000]My arse
COLOR=#000000]Stinkin' Japanese companies outsourcing their jobs to placement agencies creating an underclass is the problem. Bastards QUOTE]
ping fukin pong as they say in Japan .....and spot on old chap as we say in dear old blighty ,and pass me another beer
in Aussie.
thickmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 07:57 PM   #14
Danger Man
Banned

Quote:
odd or unusual jobs that the Japanese can't or won't do.
Surely every single foreigner in Japan is doing a job that the Japanese can't or won't do?
Danger Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 08:12 PM   #15
kurogane
GPG

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Man
Surely every single foreigner in Japan is doing a job that the Japanese can't or won't do?
Nope. I find that line of thinking a tad general.
Any real academic usually competes with Jpn for the position, and lots of business owners do too.

Nothing personal, but this tendency to make general and often absolute statements based on relatively narrow personal experience is probably the most maddening intellectual tendency I find on here.

Are people that sad in their sense of selves that what's true for them has to be true for everybody that ever got off a boat?? Or are our respective education systems that deficient?

You are not one of the ones I am thinking of.................

As an example:

I'm the best that ever was, ever will be, and ever can be, and I have no desire to extend that status to any of youze palookas..............
Old 2007-06-27, 09:50 PM   #16
Danger Man
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurogane
Nothing personal, but this tendency to make general and often absolute statements based on relatively narrow personal experience is probably the most maddening intellectual tendency I find on here.
This forum was founded on the principles of free speech and anecdotal evidence.

But good to see you used your experiences in academia to destroy my argument..

Anyway, I stuck a question mark on the end to cover myself..
Danger Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 10:05 PM   #17
Mr Clean
Banned

Quote:
Any real academic usually competes with Jpn for the position, and lots of business owners do too.

Hey, wait a minute here kurogane. You dispute diva's contention by mentioning two areas: 'business owners' and 'real' academics. Well diva was talking about jobs and any cunt knows that being a 'business owner' is not a job per se but the entreprenurial position of owning a business.
So that just leaves us with 'real' academics. Now in describing these 'real' academics who beat all the Japanese down into all the top jobs you wouldn't be making some sort of windy 'general' statement based on 'narrow personal experience' would you? No, I didn't think so.

And just one thing irks me somewhat. If you were so great in bowling balling yourself through skittles of Japanese academics then how come, according to recent reports on Gaijinpot, you are reduced to selling washing powder on the internet?

Now you can answer any way you like but I can assure you that if your response in any way attempts to impinge on the integrity of the highest quality investigative journalism on Gaijinpot you will succeed only in making yourself the laughing stock of the forum.

btw, do you have anything in stock which removes, er, bodily fluid from umbrella fabric? For a friend of course.
Mr Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 10:49 PM   #18
Lafacadio Robot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Man
Actually Kuro, although I'm probably a lot less academic than you I can see danger man's line of (i think tongue-in-cheek) reasoning. If a Japanese person isn't doing something (ie. the job), it stands to reason that a person must be doing it, and if that person isn't Japanese, surely by definition they can't be anything but a foreigner?
Old 2007-06-27, 10:56 PM   #19
edinjapan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clean
Well diva was talking about jobs and any cunt knows that being a 'business owner' is not a job per se but the entreprenurial position of owning a business.
Of course being a business owner is not a job it's THE JOB To be successful Gaijin Business Owner in Japan you must literally ____ blood to get ahead. What might be easy for a Japanese person with an idea, good connections and some financial backing is next to impossible for us.

Look at any successful Gaijin entrepreneur in Japan and you'll see someone who has succeeded in spite of failure.

Quote:
And just one thing irks me somewhat. If you were so great in bowling balling yourself through skittles of Japanese academics then how come, according to recent reports on Gaijinpot, you are reduced to selling washing powder on the internet?
That's not so bad, at least he's clean. My internet side job is selling bugs and other creepy crawlies on the internet. Now person will never visit my place
Old 2007-06-27, 11:01 PM   #20
aha

Quote:
My internet side job is selling bugs and other creepy crawlies on the internet.
Hey Ed, you got any fireflies? I need a new nightlight for the bedroom.

Or, to be on topic, you got any stink bugs?
Old 2007-06-28, 01:46 AM   #21
Kogaku
Sensei

The whole concept of "stinky gaijin" makes me laugh.

Japan has its own special forms of stink I never knew bfeore coming here.

1. Salaryman death breath: a combo of sushi, sake, vomit and some kind of bacteria... Only in Japan has halitosis of this level been detectable even from someone just sitting nearby on a train WITHOUT EVEN OPENING HIS MOUTH.

2. The species of clothing mold that grows on clothes that are not dried properly (in the land of almost no clothes dryers) This stench lets us know how a bloodhound feels. You can actually track where one of these stinkbombs has walked through a room 15 minutes earlier by scent alone.

3. Sweat-drenched suits in need of dry cleaning stench. Nuff said. Basicaly found in any office, and "Cool Biz" just makes it worse. Basically a nasty version of "wet dog smell"

4. The human ashtray. When he sits next to you on the train, you can actually feel his nicotene permeated clothing and skin emitting vapors which start to give YOU a nicotene buzz. Your heart rate will actually go up, non-smokers get headaches, and nausea comes within 5 minutes. They could get jobs as human Nicorete patches and satisfy cravings just by sitting next to smokers who are quitting.

And the Japanese think gaijin are smelly?
Goddamn, at least gaijin stink is only temporary, like from exercise or sweat. We know we stink and take a friggin shower, or even wash our clothes ourselves instead of getting our wives or mommies to do it.

Salaryman stink never ends, and nobody has the balls to tell them they friggin reek.

These teachers could do their stinky students a favor and just take them aside and say, "Hey, Stinky, here's a bar of soap from the school supplies, use it and the other kids will stop teasing you and I'll stop whining about your stink to newspaper reporters instead of trying to help my students learn some freakin' responsibility and basic hygiene."

Last edited by Kogaku : 2007-06-28 at 01:51 AM.
Kogaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 03:29 AM   #22
ruserious
GrandMasterPot

for whatever reason, Japanese tend to stink less than other nationalities when they sweat.

there is an odor, but it's not as overpowering as in other countries. I don't know if it's cultural or biological. (maybe both?)
ruserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 03:36 AM   #23
Kaigangirl

Quote:
Of course being a business owner is not a job it's THE JOB To be successful Gaijin Business Owner in Japan you must literally ____ blood to get ahead. What might be easy for a Japanese person with an idea, good connections and some financial backing is next to impossible for us.

Look at any successful Gaijin entrepreneur in Japan and you'll see someone who has succeeded in spite of failure.

Amen...

I would have to ammend this to add... and thus having accepted the circumstances dealt with it for it can be done and should...

Ignorance may be bliss for sheep but this is the real world... and it is a global world...

Japan needs to learn to play the game again... and swallow it's foolish pride... IMHO.
Old 2007-06-28, 09:11 AM   #24
cutyourhair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruserious
for whatever reason, Japanese tend to stink less than other nationalities when they sweat.

there is an odor, but it's not as overpowering as in other countries. I don't know if it's cultural or biological. (maybe both?)
It's gentics and diet. Taking showers twice a day helps too.

That being said, the idea that foreigners stink can be found in China and Korea as well. These people are just looking at someone's face and then judging.

Racist #%#&#'"#'&
cutyourhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 09:28 AM   #25
Mr Clean
Banned

Quote:
Of course being a business owner is not a job it's THE JOB
Sir please don`t think that I don`t appreciate the artful semantic double somersault, triple back flip owning a business is not so much A job or THE job but not actually a JOB per se, in the normal sense, the way that diva initially referred to it. I just can`t allow you to open the field for people to chime in and say `Being a dad is a tough job!` or `Owning a pet gerbil is a job in itself!`. Sorry, I just can`t. To do so would be to surrender to triteness. On the subject of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaigangirl
it is a global world...
ROFLALSMTIHTCMU!!!!!

Quote:
That's not so bad, at least he's clean. My internet side job is selling bugs and other creepy crawlies on the internet. Now person will never visit my place
I had no idea that there were such bountiful sidelines on the internet. Though yours sounds like a precarious enterprise. How do you ship them without them dying? Do you have to put them in little matchboxes with tiny holes in them for air?
Mr Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 10:16 AM   #26
RichinJapan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogaku

1. Salaryman death breath: a combo of sushi, sake, vomit and some kind of bacteria... Only in Japan has halitosis of this level been detectable even from someone just sitting nearby on a train WITHOUT EVEN OPENING HIS MOUTH.

2. The species of clothing mold that grows on clothes that are not dried properly (in the land of almost no clothes dryers) This stench lets us know how a bloodhound feels. You can actually track where one of these stinkbombs has walked through a room 15 minutes earlier by scent alone.

3. Sweat-drenched suits in need of dry cleaning stench. Nuff said. Basicaly found in any office, and "Cool Biz" just makes it worse. Basically a nasty version of "wet dog smell"

4. The human ashtray. When he sits next to you on the train, you can actually feel his nicotene permeated clothing and skin emitting vapors which start to give YOU a nicotene buzz. Your heart rate will actually go up, non-smokers get headaches, and nausea comes within 5 minutes. They could get jobs as human Nicorete patches and satisfy cravings just by sitting next to smokers who are quitting.

And the Japanese think gaijin are smelly?
Goddamn, at least gaijin stink is only temporary, like from exercise or sweat. We know we stink and take a friggin shower, or even wash our clothes ourselves instead of getting our wives or mommies to do it.

Salaryman stink never ends, and nobody has the balls to tell them they friggin reek.

These teachers could do their stinky students a favor and just take them aside and say, "Hey, Stinky, here's a bar of soap from the school supplies, use it and the other kids will stop teasing you and I'll stop whining about your stink to newspaper reporters instead of trying to help my students learn some freakin' responsibility and basic hygiene."
Don’t forget the obsessive amount of hair products/tonics.
Lately I’ve gotten to the point where I just don’t want to be touched on the train and it really Fvkin annoys me when some dudes weave is poking me in the face every time the train moves.

I have to say though, just because they take 2 baths a day does not mean their clean.
Sweating you’re a$$ off in an excessively hot bath that was just used summarily by every member of the household is not my idea of good hygiene.
Old 2007-06-28, 06:42 PM   #27
kurogane
GPG

Talking Coming Clean.................

Quote:
btw, do you have anything in stock which removes, er, bodily fluid from umbrella fabric? For a friend of course.
Yes, I have it right here, in stock.

Special price for you.

Furby will deliver.
Old 2007-06-28, 06:43 PM   #28
kurogane
GPG

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafacadio Robot!
Actually Kuro, although I'm probably a lot less academic than you I can see danger man's line of (i think tongue-in-cheek) reasoning. If a Japanese person isn't doing something (ie. the job), it stands to reason that a person must be doing it, and if that person isn't Japanese, surely by definition they can't be anything but a foreigner?
This is a fine boondoggle.

You are a credit to this thread.
Old 2007-06-28, 06:48 PM   #29
kurogane
GPG

Talking

Quote:
Well, TTFL for that. They stink like pigs in slime when it's 3 degrees and they're standing still

Quote:
I think your nose is broke.

Japanese stink like shitt on a stick.

One of my all time favourite ripostes is when a Japanese tells me I / We stink.

Quote:
Yes, that might be true, but not as much as you filthy pigs do.
I have actually had little old station mokeys get offended at that.

Their odour is tolerable, but their moronic hypocrisy is priceless.

Last edited by kurogane : 2007-06-28 at 06:48 PM. Reason: U can't be Ruserious!
kurogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 10:32 PM   #30
tanako
Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogaku

I submit another for the odorous list-
Obachans who smell like the mothballs their clothes were packed in for the last 15 years.
tanako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 08:52 AM   #31
kurogane
GPG

Talking Stop it!! No Mas, No Mas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanako
I submit another for the odorous list-
Obachans who smell like the mothballs their clothes were packed in for the last 15 years.
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm puking from a Pavlovian Response!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-06-29, 12:52 PM   #32
edinjapan

Quote:
Sir please don`t think that I don`t appreciate the artful semantic double somersault, triple back flip owning a business is not so much A job or THE job but not actually a JOB per se, in the normal sense, the way that diva initially referred to it. I just can`t allow you to open the field for people to chime in and say `Being a dad is a tough job!` or `Owning a pet gerbil is a job in itself!`. Sorry, I just can`t. To do so would be to surrender to triteness.
You're talking about being a mindless wage slave. Yes, that is a whole different bowl of noodles.

Quote:
On the subject of:

ROFLALSMTIHTCMU!!!!!
???? I confess you've lost me here. I'm familiar with ROTFLMAOASBOMN OR ROTFLMAOWSCOME but, this is a new on to me.

Quote:
I had no idea that there were such bountiful sidelines on the internet. Though yours sounds like a precarious enterprise. How do you ship them without them dying? Do you have to put them in little matchboxes with tiny holes in them for air?
Not really difficult, they get shipped out in plastc cases with some of that bug jelly to keep them fed and hydrated. They usually reach their destination within 48hrs and I get my funds by PayPal. As most of these guys would never survive in the wild here in Japan there's no problem, things only get sticky when it's some European or American collector as there are those bloody documents to fill out.

It's not a bad business actually, in fact it's fairly lucrative. But, it does cut into my relationships as most women react the way person does and it's very difficult to have sex with a woman after she's had a screaming fit and gone running down the stairs.
Old 2007-06-29, 01:20 PM   #33
Lafacadio Robot!

Quote:
This is a fine boondoggle.
When I understand what boondoggle means I'll know I've been involved in this forum for too long.

Quote:
You are a credit to this thread.
Really? Why thankyou! (i'm gonna cut ya)

There are two types of Japanese smell:
1.Interesting
2. FVCKING DIIIIIISGUSTING
Old 2007-06-29, 03:38 PM   #34
donpaulo
SupremePot

its simply appealing to the lowest common denominator. Schools have a problem ? well don't blame the system find a scape goat.

always surprising to note that you need a license to drive but you don't need one to be a parent. Seems to me that might bear some thought...
donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 12:05 AM   #35
speedboat
Sensei

can we get back to why gaijin are the cause of this?
Old 2007-06-30, 08:29 PM   #36
stillnosheep
GrandMasterPot

Because we all spend our time working as nightclub hostesses to save up to build palatial mansions back home whilst neglecting our children and our poor hard-working Japanese salaryman spouses. Isn't it obvious?