Sex, rape & slaves inserted in sick holiday menu

http://mdn.mainichi-
msn.co.jp/waiwai/archive/news/2003/07/20030705p2g00m0dm999000c.html

Sex, rape & slaves inserted in sick holiday menu
Outbound travel has been hit hard this year by such factors as the war on
Iraq and the SARS outbreak, but plenty of Japanese have headed overseas on
underground tours involving sex, slavery and savagery, according to
Tokusatsu Shinsengumi.

Japanese used to their peaceful lives in their sheltered archipelago would
be horrified to learn what goes on in developing countries.

Many overseas travelers are on the lookout for something new and, in poorer
parts of the world, they're likely to find locals willing to supply them
with illegal options to their tours provided the price is right.

Take Indonesia, the magazine suggests as an example.

Considerable criticism was leveled at Japanese men taking sex tours several
years ago, but instead of declining in the wake of the furor, the number of
such travelers is apparently on the rise.

A crackdown on schoolgirl prostitution in Japan has created strong demand
among Rising Suns for underage prostitutes in other countries.
.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Memoirs of a Geisha" (some info, no plot spoilers)
    ... did Geisha's have sex for yen? ... Japan is a different culture, with its own ideas of what is respectable ... The Japanese word for "European" is derived from a nickname that meant ... aren't part of the Japanese sensibility. ...
    (rec.arts.movies.current-films)
  • Part Time Job in China
    ... tours and the tours of our branch company in Beijing. ... The most important feature of our trips is their group ... while the group teacher is responsible for the foreign language ... the profile of our travelers does not reflect this. ...
    (rec.travel.marketplace)
  • Travel to China with Real Trip
    ... tours and the tours of our branch company in Beijing. ... The most important feature of our trips is their group ... while the group teacher is responsible for the foreign language ... the profile of our travelers does not reflect this. ...
    (rec.travel.air)
  • Travel to China
    ... tours and the tours of our branch company in Beijing. ... The most important feature of our trips is their group ... while the group teacher is responsible for the foreign language ... the profile of our travelers does not reflect this. ...
    (rec.travel.asia)