Gals grapple for stick-flick sumo

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/waiwai/index.html

Gals grapple for stick-flick sumo

By Ryann Connell Contributing Writer

Tuesday Dec. 25, 2001

With its scantily clad grapplers and bouts of crunching flesh, Japan's
ancient sport of sumo has always held a tinge of the erotic down through the
centuries.

So it was only a matter of time before the thriving porno industry picked up
on the steamy side of sumo.

But the only thing in common between the raunchy wrestlers battling it out
in front of the cameras for the soon to be released stick flick "21 Women
Sumo Championship" and the blokes with 50-inch bellies who normally step
into the ring is that they all wear loincloths only.

That's not to say the stakes in this contest aren't as high.

"All battles are filmed for the movie that will feature 21 almost naked
women battling it out in the dohyo," Chocoball Mukai, a professional
wrestler who also moonlights as a porn actor, tells Friday (1/4). "It's a
winner take all event, with the champion picking up 100,000 yen in cash, as
well as the chance to have a session with me. Everybody's really keen."

Friday notes that competitors were keen indeed.

"I've been training for this day for a while," Makinoyama, a 19-year-old
starlet says before her bout. "I'll do anything to get my hands on
Chocoball."

Kameido, a 24-year-old glamorous grappler, is just as enthusiastic.

"Whatever it takes to win I'll do it," she says. "I'll even throw salt at my
opponents like the real sumo wrestlers do."

With the portly Chocoball serving as referee, kogyaru were pitted against
schoolgirl-types, more regular beauties and even a mature woman who
progressed through the preliminary rounds by taking advantage of her
bountiful bbust to out maneuver her nubile nemeses.

Eventually, Friday notes, a series of swift thrusts by 20-year-old Mizunoumi
saw her lift the title. In addition to the prize money, Mizunoumi also
earned the right to enter the world of adult video where she got to deal
Chocoball Mukai a few lusty blows.