PDA

View Full Version : mother f'in olympics!

remotecontrolalligator
02-19-2002, 09:28 AM
no friends, no will & grace?

i mean really, how much ice skating can the world take?

montyburnz
02-19-2002, 09:37 AM
no conan o'brien either.

re: Will & Grace
There's plenty of funny gay men and the women who love them in pair's ice skating. ba-duh-dum

Kenishiro
02-19-2002, 09:43 AM
eh...it's not that bad.

That Australian chick who won the gold last night for the aerials was such a cutie!

02-19-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by montyburnz
re: Will & Grace
There's plenty of funny gay men and the women who love them in pair's ice skating. ba-duh-dum

Puh-lease. We're not watching the hideously dressed ice skaters with their Count of Monte Cristo goatees & hair, and horrific, vomit inducing costumes that would only make Nebraska happy.

No. We're enjoying all things skin tight.

But indeed, enough already. I want my Will & Grace back...

jinzoningen
02-19-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by remotecontrolalligator

You mean there's an Olympics this year? Who knew?

CharlieTheTuna
02-19-2002, 06:56 PM
Yep... the Canadian pair that originally won silver in the pairs because of the judging drama with the dumb ass Frenchy judge. Uh Huh! She is just asking to get rocked... What do ya think Benny. It's ABOOT time to give it to her.

piggydontshine
02-19-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by remotecontrolalligator

I agree that the figure skating does get mighty tiresome, but I think watching the skiing and snowboarding is still much more entertaining than watching Will and Grace.

kamenriderv3
02-20-2002, 01:01 AM
I only liked the speed skating. The American guy who won the gold tonight kicked major ass.

02-20-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by kamenriderv3
I only liked the speed skating. The American guy who won the gold tonight kicked major ass.

Yeah.

I do think the other speed skater, Apolo Anton Ohno's a cutie.

I liked the aerials. Pity Eric B—whatever-the-rest-of-his-name-is fell flat on his back on that last jump.

elevated
02-20-2002, 02:33 AM
the dam olympics is rigged
the judges are on US's favor and always try to get them to win its not fucking fair for other athletes who waited fucking 4+ years for this and look wat they do with the men's speed skating and other crap

yangnome
02-20-2002, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by elevated
the dam olympics is rigged
the judges are on US's favor and always try to get them to win its not fucking fair for other athletes who waited fucking 4+ years for this and look wat they do with the men's speed skating and other crap fucking waaaahhh

CharlieTheTuna
02-20-2002, 01:04 PM
Hell ya speed skating rocked... we rocked the damn Dutch that thought they could actually get a gold metal in something. So sorry!!!!

robotnormalkid
02-20-2002, 02:01 PM
did you know that those toboggan guys spend all year chuffing on cigerettes and guzzling beer just sitting on their arses then the f$#%&ing olympics come along and they just throw them selves down a snowwy tube. ?
sounds quite good when i put it like that

remotecontrolalligator
02-20-2002, 02:29 PM
yah mahn

kamenriderv3
02-20-2002, 04:28 PM
Toboggan sounds like tobacco. Well...it did...in Poetry 101. Jewel was the teacher.

02-20-2002, 04:32 PM
hmm...
what's supposed to be on tonight?

kamenriderv3
02-20-2002, 04:39 PM
Your boy Ohno is back for another race tonight.

remotecontrolalligator
02-20-2002, 04:39 PM
west wing. that one republican lawyer girl is cute, but josh's assistant, donna, is CUTER!!

oh wait, you meant what olympic coverage is on tonight. bah.

commas are my best friend,

02-20-2002, 04:48 PM
Your boy Ohno is back for another race tonight.

woo-hoo. I guess I'll be leaving the channel on the Olympics while I finish up this motherfucking proposal/leave-behind that's kept me up this whole week....

kamenriderv3
02-20-2002, 06:59 PM
I think he has three more races left. Not sure when besides tonight's return after his fall and stitches.

02-20-2002, 07:11 PM
Well South Korea got disqualified, so he gets the Gold.

02-20-2002, 09:25 PM
I do wonder when they're going add rifles to other sports. Imagine the aerials with a gun. Or Snowboarding with a gun. Or short track speed skating with a gun. Or figure skating with a gun. Bobsled with a gun.

It'd be mighty interesting.

ocd
02-20-2002, 09:38 PM
Pairs figure skating with knives, now that would be cool. Kind of West Side Story-ish.

gattsu
02-20-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Solipsism
Well South Korea got disqualified, so he gets the Gold.

aren't u glad that it wasn't a yoko...my bad, that was corny...actually the usage of "my bad" is 2

[Edited by gattsu on 02-20-2002 at 10:58 PM]

kamenriderv3
02-21-2002, 02:18 AM
The womens relay speed skating was fun. I did not know that the teammates pushed the next skater by their butts. I think the exchanges happen every 1.5 laps. That's a lot of ass pushing.

02-21-2002, 06:58 AM
The womens relay speed skating was fun. I did not know that the teammates pushed the next skater by their butts. I think the exchanges happen every 1.5 laps. That's a lot of ass pushing.

That was fun to watch.
Can you imagine the refs though?
They must take motion sickness medicine before they start their work...

dragon chic
02-21-2002, 07:28 AM
this sucks. we haven't watched but a few minutes here & there. i haven't been into this shit since the fucking 80's....

kamenriderv3
02-21-2002, 12:17 PM
The Amelicans did good in the skeleton events. I think I would be bored if I saw all the sledding races but fortunately only saw last nights skeletons finals.

Isn't tonight the women's ice skating finals and the women's hockey match for gold? Saturday should be Ohno's two other races.

I wasn't that into it but this year's winter olympics are starting to interest me now....after skipping most of the first 13 days.

02-21-2002, 12:24 PM
Same here. I usually miss the Winter Olympics altogether. In fact the only other Winter Olympics I watched was with the whole Kerrigan/Harding shenanigan. This is the first time I am actually watching more than figure skating.

kimchi_girl
02-10-2006, 03:21 PM
The Winter Olympics' opening ceromonies are on tonight at 8:00 on NBC. Who's watching?

kamenriderv3
02-10-2006, 07:44 PM
go kwan!!!!!

balina
02-10-2006, 08:26 PM
cant wait for my fav the luge

robin williams: "Well there's the luge and I have only one question. What drunken, German gynecologist invented that sport? And he said: You know what? I want to dress like a sperm, shove an ice skate in my ass, and go balls first down an ice chute. Yah, that would be fun!"

stryfe
02-10-2006, 09:20 PM
what's up with the crappy american songs and political commentary during the procession?

"madagascar...best known as the recent children's movie."

kamenriderv3
02-10-2006, 10:05 PM
yeah the music was not the best.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/10/apontv.olympics.overload.ap/vert.curling.ap.jpg
the whole world is probably waiting for this blood curling event!

puppy fields
02-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Cirque du Olympics

slackerbot
02-10-2006, 11:53 PM
it's a Jasper Johns piece.

kamenriderv3
02-11-2006, 02:01 AM
will the south koreans make good their previous death threats on ohno's life?

The Guru
02-11-2006, 06:44 AM

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/10/apontv.olympics.overload.ap/vert.curling.ap.jpg

Is curling really an event?

puppy fields
02-11-2006, 09:29 AM
http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/5451/fireskater8ed.jpg

Robocon^^
02-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Michelle Kwan just resigned
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11302192/

Denstradamus
02-11-2006, 11:32 PM
go kwan!!!!!

i heard she just pulled out of the olympics.

kamenriderv3
02-11-2006, 11:37 PM
T_T

Robocon^^
02-12-2006, 01:07 AM
T_T

Cheer up!
http://www.sanriotown.com/onlinegame/index.php?s=introduction

slackerbot
02-12-2006, 01:59 AM
yup, Kwan is out due to a previous injury. ouch!

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/8013/219074810nb.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/1095/219063345st.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

l-train8
02-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Michelle Kwan is a perfect example of what the problem with the Olympics sports. If it doesn't happen during an Olympic year, it somehow doesn't count. Kwan goes out now without a gold medal. But she dominated the sport for over a decade. She won five world championships. But the Olympics only come around every four years, and she didn't win those years. She had four shots at them in her career. The first she was just starting out and didn't medal, the second and third she got a bronze and a silver, and the fourth she was past her prime and got knocked out by an injury.

It'd be like if Michael Jordan could only play for the NBA championship every four years? He could win the title 3 out of 4 years, but if he didn't win on the right year, it somehow wouldn't count. Every NFL, NBA, and MLB player has a shot at a championship every year. A lot of things have to go just right to be world champion. Michelle Kwan did it 5 times, but just not in the years when anyone was paying attention.

Denstradamus
02-12-2006, 04:55 PM
^ agree 100%

Hap
02-12-2006, 09:15 PM
If Michelle Kwan's legacy is lessened because of her inability to perform on the largest of world stages, then that's her fault. Boo Hoo. Let's change 200 years of tradition to coincide with when she decides to show up.

Nobody is taking her World and US titles away from her, but she is lacking a big check mark on her laundry list of accomplishments.

Jesoy
02-12-2006, 09:48 PM
the olympics are so dated....they try and try but come on.....no one fucking cares....you can add all the cool new events you want....the problem is they are already established and the olympics are just a novelty....

kamenriderv3
02-12-2006, 10:02 PM
i like the olympics. they have problems like any other sporting event. what i don't care for is the hype of specific individuals the marketing department tries to push for the games.

Robocon^^
02-12-2006, 10:08 PM
That guy cheering up at the starting line for the downhill skiers. Sounded like the Hulkster...cracked me up.

Denstradamus
02-12-2006, 10:18 PM
T_T

relax. as a female figure skater she has a great future ahead of her.

first she'll do exhibition for awhile, then she'll enroll at stanford medical school to become an obstetrician, occasionally doing promotions and possibly even some broadcasting.

Denstradamus
02-12-2006, 10:24 PM
i like how the medals have big holes in them. they look like large flat donuts.

Hap
02-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Jesoy
the olympics are so dated....they try and try but come on.....no one fucking cares....you can add all the cool new events you want....the problem is they are already established and the olympics are just a novelty....

The "dated" events are most pure of all sports. No officials deciding winners. No subjective artistic value. Give me "fastest guy down the hill" and "fastest around the track 10 times" any day of the week.

... ... ... ...

AddictProne
02-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Luge was intense with the last couple of races beating the previous one.

cerealkilla
02-13-2006, 12:57 AM
Luge is fun to watch. Wish I could get on one of those. If they could just add a couple upside down loops and 100 foot drops, it would be better than six flags.

About Michelle, I feel bad for her but what can you do. This Olympics every 4 years is kind of weird to validate one's career.
It seems to apply more to certain sports, at least for Americans.

For instance, I love basketball, but Olympics basketball doesn't mean much, even though the US did not win Gold. We still have the best players, Why we didn't win, I'm not quite sure. I'd rather watch NBA basketball instead of Olympics basketball any day. Olympics basketball was boring. The rules are kind of puss and it seems there are 10X more fouls called. Anyways, back to the point, it sucks that somehow marketing has made figure skating locked into the Olympics for validation of success. I didn't even know Michelle Kwan was 5 time champion.

stryfe
02-13-2006, 06:52 AM
there must be some great parties going on...

Distribution of female condoms set to smash Olympic record (http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/waiwai/news/20060213p2g00m0dm013000c.html)

Organizers of the Turin Winter Olympic Games have unsheathed free female condoms as their latest weapon in the battle to prevent athletes coming down with unwanted doses of the nasties, according to Shukan Jitsuwa (2/23).

"Because of fears of such threats as the spread of AIDs and stuff, it's become standard for athletes staying in the Olympic Village to receive a free supply of condoms since they were first given out for the Barcelona Olympics in 1992. The rate of use of condoms has increased with each Olympiad and for the 2004 Athens Olympics, where about 15,000 athletes from 202 countries took part, a record 130,000 prophylactics were used," a reporter from a sports newspaper tells Shukan Jitsuwa. "The Winter Olympics aren't as big as the summer Games, but in Salt Lake City four years ago, the roughly 3,000 athletes from 77 countries still managed to go through 12,000 condoms. With an additional 10 countries and 1,500 athletes in Turin, we're on the way to a significantly increased record. And estimates say about 20 percent of the total Olympic athlete condom use in Turin will come from female condoms."

Free condoms have become, it seems, an essential part of the average athlete's life, the weekly says, adding that the birth control devices are typically provided by local sponsors.

Demand for female condoms has arisen because of the growing desire among women to control their own sexual destiny.

"There are times when regular condoms affect a man's performance, but with the inserted female condom, the influence on the male organ is vastly diminished," the reporter tells Shukan Jitsuwa. "Westerners may be better hung, but with all the pressure of competing in an Olympics and such, it looks like there has been a growing number of instances where they have struggled to remain rigidly focused on the job, so to speak. Women have been seeking the distribution of female condoms for quite some time now."

Ryan
02-13-2006, 09:44 AM
shaun white done killed it in the halfpipe.

the burton uniforms for the US are nice

kamenriderv3
02-13-2006, 12:01 PM
-- Phyo Yong Myong and Jong Yong Hyok: North Korea's only skaters in the pairs final withdrew after Phyo was injured in practice. Phyo fell on a throw move and crashed into the boards at the training rink.

i didn't know north korea participated.

joetron2030
02-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Ryan

Yeah! I caught that last night, too. That run was SICK.

Denstradamus
02-13-2006, 04:57 PM
so what is the difference between turin and turino?

puppy fields
02-13-2006, 05:01 PM
moscow and moskva

Denstradamus
02-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by puppy fields
moscow and moskva

yeah, i get that. but if the Olmypics were in Moscow we (our press at least) would still call it the 2006 Moscow Olympics not that 2006 Moskva Olympics.

the US press anglicize all foreign cities for us so why stop now?

i bet the real reason is that some nbc executive just thought torino was "sexier" than turin.

Sid
02-13-2006, 06:51 PM

yeah! shaun white...wow, the kid's an artist on the board. it was worth waiting an hour between runs. and he's just got a great attitude and cracks me up!

puppy fields
02-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Rena Inoue is pretty hot.

Ryan
02-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Denstradamus

yeah, i get that. but if the Olmypics were in Moscow we (our press at least) would still call it the 2006 Moscow Olympics not that 2006 Moskva Olympics.

i bet the real reason is that some nbc executive just thought torino was "sexier" than turin.

yeah..id say its more of a marketing decision than anything else..

Jesoy
02-13-2006, 08:07 PM
i watched the women's halfpipe today which was good.. i like kelly clark she goes huge and she's kinda ugly... you have to like that...now it's just hockey...the rest of the olympics is about as important as a royal wedding or who won a grammy....

Robocon^^
02-13-2006, 08:08 PM
^
^They're just trying to maintain consistency with the Olympic committee. All the official Olympic signage says Torino 2006. Calling it Turin would confuse the audience.

l-train8
02-13-2006, 08:59 PM
i like how the medals have big holes in them. they look like large flat donuts.

I saw a guy holding up a silver medal and I thought it was a CD. I was like, 'what's that - his workout music?'

kamenriderv3
02-13-2006, 10:13 PM
it needs a thick rope chain.

a platinum grill to complete the set.

Robocon^^
02-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Jesoy
i watched the women's halfpipe today which was good.. i like kelly clark she goes huge and she's kinda ugly... you have to like that...

I don't follow women's snowboarding but kelly clark was killing it. To bad she washed out on that last 1080 or whatever it was.

l-train8
02-13-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Robocon^^
^
^They're just trying to maintain consistency with the Olympic committee. All the official Olympic signage says Torino 2006. Calling it Turin would confuse the audience.

The town of Torino wants it called Torino. I don't think it's unreasonable. It's some podunk town in the Italian alps. If it weren't for some hoax religious relic I saw on "In Search Of..." as a kid, I never would have heard of it. It's not like Rome or some other town everyone already calls by the anglicized name. Calling it by its real name shouldn't confuse anyone.

Of course, now half the media are calling it Turin, and the other half are calling it Torino, so that is very confusing.

Dr Jesus
02-13-2006, 10:31 PM
it needs a thick rope chain.

a platinum grill to complete the set.

don't forget spinners.

Sid
02-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Did you see the Chinese skater bust her knee? Not sure how she managed to skate after that. I was in awe.

YelloKitty
02-13-2006, 11:35 PM
shit, i was in pain just watching that.

alright, can anyone explain (in a nutshell) the rules of curling?

Dr Jesus
02-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Sid
Did you see the Chinese skater bust her knee? Not sure how she managed to skate after that. I was in awe.

that's nothing compared to the female luger who knocked herself out & then slid down the rest of the course unconcious on her face.

kamenriderv3
02-14-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by YelloKitty
shit, i was in pain just watching that.

alright, can anyone explain (in a nutshell) the rules of curling?

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SPORT/01/31/sports.curling/index.html/

Iago
02-14-2006, 03:26 AM

http://www.corrieredelsud.it/servizi/LOGO%20TORINO%202006%20copia

Iago
02-14-2006, 03:29 AM
I can't wait to go to Beijing 2008. I am going to have authentic Peking duck.

Ryan
02-14-2006, 06:39 AM
am i the only one who wants to see emily hughes just fail miserably?

kamenriderv3
02-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Olympic champion Cheek donates prize money to Darfur
TURIN, Italy (AFP) - US speedskater Joey Cheek credited his decision to donate any prize money from a Winter Olympic gold medal to a Sudanese relief project with helping him capture the 500m title Monday.

Cheek will donate the 25,000 dollars he will receive from the US Olympic Committee for his victory to "Right to Play", an athlete-driven charity organization, with the money earmarked for the battle-ravaged Darfur region.

"I knew if I ever did something like this, I wanted to be able to give something back," Cheek said. "The best way I can say thanks is to donate my money to help somebody else."

Cheek, who will ask each of his handful of sponsors to donate money as well, skated the two best 500m races of his career to win gold in a combined time of 1:09.76, beating runner-up Dmitry Dorofeyev by .65 of a second.

"I don't know how I skated that fast," Cheek said. "At some level, it's empowering to think about someone other than yourself. It's right that I help some people get the chance that I have had.

"We athletes are superstitious, goofy people," Cheek said. "It's kind of absurd. I've trained my whole life for this but I am skating around in a skintight suit. It's a little ridiculous.

Denstradamus
02-14-2006, 08:38 PM
^^awesome

am i the only one who wants to see emily hughes just fail miserably?

you are not the only one. i'm not too sold on sasha cohen either. she looks like a little miss priss. maybe i'll root for some russian chick.

anyone see American figure skater Johnny Weir's performance? his little introduction video before his skate was pretty interesting. he kinda talked a big game. but he skated superbly so i guess he can back up his big talk.

Jesoy
02-15-2006, 07:25 AM
isn't sasha cohen aka ali g?

l-train8
02-15-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm fortunate to live a couple hours from Canada, which means I get the CBC channel on my cable. Which means I can see Canadian Olympic coverage, which is 100x better than NBC's.

NBC long ago took the attitude that sports fans will watch the Olympics no matter what. Therefore, they focus on shit that will bring in a wider audience, so that they can make enough money to cover the outrages cost of the broadcast rights. So we get tearjerker stories about the guy who promised his mom on her deathbed that he'd win a gold medal, and so much US boosterism that the greatest athletes in the world are ignored because they aren't from America.

I watched the US coverage of downhill skiing, where Bode Miller took 5th. They talked a lot about Bode, abit about the Austrians, who took 6th and 2nd, and said practically nothing about Antoine Deneriaz until he won the event. Turns out the guy won the World Cup in '03 and '04, but I guess when you only have time to cover one non-American, you have to bet on someone and hope there are no suprises.

I was watching some figure skating on the CBC, and they started talking about how up next was the moment everyone had been waiting for, the most exciting moment of Olympic figure skating. I thought, "I didn't know Canada had a skater who was in medal contention." Well, they didn't. They were talking about Yevgeny Plushenko, a Russian skater who dominates the sport. In Canada, and I suspect many other places in the world, athletic achievement means more than nationalism and human interest.

puppy fields
02-15-2006, 10:30 AM
^
yeah. i dunno if it's any better on cable. but the broadcast coverage is pretty lacking.

Jesoy
02-15-2006, 09:47 PM
what do you think the canadians have to brag about ross puffing the cheeba?

kamenriderv3
02-15-2006, 11:03 PM
http://www.torino2006.org/resources/ATH/img_606722.jpg

toby dawson, bronze in men's moguls

karmyk
02-16-2006, 12:12 AM
Why the heck is Bloom's loss all the news hype over the men's moguls? Dawson was the one who was a prime U.S. contender for a medal in the event... yet on CNNSI, they focused mainly on how Bloom didn't medal. I don't get it. The article on the event results on ESPN.com barely even mention Dawson! It kinda makes me really disappointed. =(

frestyle page:
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/winter06/freestyle/index
article:
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/winter06/freestyle/columns/story?id=2331997

I had to actually do a search on Google to find a semi-decent article on him:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-olymoguls16feb16,0,4170159.story?coll=la-home-sports
http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2006/02/16/dawson_no_longer_unknown/

Dawson skied so beautifully!

Another article on Cheek (his future plans, the donation, and how Harvard denied him):
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/torino2006/speed_skating/news?slug=dw-cheekwins021306&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

kamenriderv3
02-16-2006, 12:25 AM
they have their planned features on specific individuals. a bad strategy considering the losses by those chosen athletes who failed to live up to the hype.

i saw dawson's picture somewhere earlier. other than that, i never heard of him. nbc's coverage is pretty crappy.

karmyk
02-16-2006, 12:40 AM
True... I'm totally happy Dawson medaled, though. He seems like a really good guy.

This was at the end of the SI.com article on the mens freestyle moguls results:

Anyway, Dawson, who has essentially spent his career in Bloom's shadow but has been skiing better than him this season, turned in a beautiful, clutch run. What U.S. moguls coach Jeff Wintersteen dwelled on after Dawson's performance was not so much his superb airs and graceful touchdowns, but rather the line he took.

"The line he was skiing, no one else was skiing," said the coach. By "line," he meant the path Dawson chose through the moguls. Dawson's line "wasn't as direct as the other lines," but somehow it "suited Toby's style."

Why didn't anyone else ski that line? "They don't have the guts Toby Dawson does."

In every sense, then, Dawson has taken the line less traveled. To quote from his official Olympics biography: "Born in Korea, he was adopted at age three by an American family. He had been abandoned on the doorstep of a police station in the city of Pusan."

:heart:

tangent23
02-16-2006, 04:11 AM
we still won though :D

slackerbot
02-16-2006, 02:37 PM
wow. this is interesting. an Olympic medalist is a big time spammer.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/breaking/olympic-champ-made-big-bucks-in-popup-ads/2006/02/16/1140037817825.html

http://spamkings.oreilly.com/archives/2006/02/asterisk_on_popup_moguls_gold.html

CaptainPajamaShark
02-16-2006, 02:52 PM
apollo anton ohno - shave that stupid fucking goatee already!! it didn't look good 4 years ago and it doesn't look good now. fuck, I really want to punch this guy now.

Iago
02-16-2006, 05:25 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2004/02/27/commentary/column_sportsbiz/sportsbiz/cap_JeremyBloom_equinox.jpg

'jim
02-16-2006, 08:53 PM

Originally posted by 'jim
You need to watch the new Hammerfall video. (http://www.hammerfall.net/main.html)

That's all I can say about it.

Nobody cared in the metal thread.

Denstradamus
02-16-2006, 09:36 PM
that westcott race was pretty decent.

angoraphobia
02-16-2006, 10:47 PM
yep...he's pretty amazing....he's freaking building his house from SCRATCH! oh man....a man after my own heart....

martin
02-17-2006, 01:00 AM
GR TV habits have been something like hockey in the afternoon on USA network followed by curling on CNBC... Yeah...

cordani
02-17-2006, 06:59 AM

i heard from an inside scoop it was a toss up btwn GINNY WOP '06 and torino... last minute executive decision, they went with the latter.

angoraphobia
02-17-2006, 07:32 AM

anyone see American figure skater Johnny Weir's performance? his little introduction video before his skate was pretty interesting. he kinda talked a big game. but he skated superbly so i guess he can back up his big talk.

he's so silly.....its like he wants his gayness/diva-ness to be an issue, as if that makes him rebellious....does anyone really care anymore? Maybe if it was 1984....It's more of a shocker if you're not a gay figure skater!

ocd
02-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by 'jim

Nobody cared in the metal thread. OMFG

kamenriderv3
02-17-2006, 10:26 AM
some of the men skaters wore eye makeup in last night's skate-off.

kimchi_girl
02-17-2006, 10:50 AM
some of the men skaters wore eye makeup in last night's skate-off.

Speaking of eyes, the Japanese skater Daisuke Takahashi has a really nice looking pair.

lakeside resort
02-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Oh man, the Korean dudes kicked butt in the men's short track speed skating.

Ryan
02-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Davis is the man!

And wassup with Hedrick being such a prick? He already has a gold medal fucking get over it...

AddictProne
02-20-2006, 06:39 PM
man, i almost broke down when the Italian Couple finished their freeskate routine. She was crying, I was crying, they were hugging and kissing, I was...

touching myself.

Ha!

karmyk
02-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Davis is the man!

And wassup with Hedrick being such a prick? He already has a gold medal fucking get over it...

I think Hedrick already hated Davis from the start and was probably looking for another excuse to add to his list of reasons to hate Davis. =P

Denstradamus
02-20-2006, 06:58 PM
i didn't really get that either. i didn't know why hendrick was getting his hate on. a gold for the us is a gold for the us, right?

Robocon^^
02-20-2006, 07:50 PM
I think it was something about Davis not participating in a team relay, so they used a slower skater and didn't get gold or something. Something to do with trying to challenge Eric Heyden's record...or didn't they cover this in the olympic coverage. I haven't watched today.

tangent23
02-23-2006, 04:30 AM
was just watching the women's 3000m skating relay, i've never seen that before, tactically really interesting..

korea, canada, italy btw [china disqualified]

karmyk
02-23-2006, 10:15 AM
I think at first they were playing up Hedrick's chance at getting 5 golds this olympics, but he couldn't since Davis didn't want to join the relay...

Salami Swami
02-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Sorry I spaced and totally forgot that this shit is delayed and made a thread about the figure skating winner tonight.
I deleted it.
Sorry if anybody's shit got spoiled!
Hope not.

Dr Jesus
02-23-2006, 02:48 PM
don't worry aol is all up in it.

Asharak
02-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by l-train8
Michelle Kwan is a perfect example of what the problem with the Olympics sports. If it doesn't happen during an Olympic year, it somehow doesn't count. Kwan goes out now without a gold medal. But she dominated the sport for over a decade. She won five world championships. But the Olympics only come around every four years, and she didn't win those years. She had four shots at them in her career. The first she was just starting out and didn't medal, the second and third she got a bronze and a silver, and the fourth she was past her prime and got knocked out by an injury.

It'd be like if Michael Jordan could only play for the NBA championship every four years? He could win the title 3 out of 4 years, but if he didn't win on the right year, it somehow wouldn't count. Every NFL, NBA, and MLB player has a shot at a championship every year. A lot of things have to go just right to be world champion. Michelle Kwan did it 5 times, but just not in the years when anyone was paying attention.

Agreed.

Besides, I think the real reason many people watch ice skating is for all those shots of booty-butt booty-butt booty-buttcheeks.

Asharak
02-23-2006, 02:57 PM
^^awesome
you are not the only one. i'm not too sold on sasha cohen either. she looks like a little miss priss. maybe i'll root for some russian chick.

http://www.irina-slutskaya.com/

Her page needs to be updated since she's at Torino.

puppy fields
02-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Asharak

Agreed.

I dunno...the Olympics is bigger then any one athlete.

Jesoy
02-23-2006, 07:26 PM
canada's winning a bunch of shit but no one cares cause we got beat down in hockey....

YelloKitty
02-23-2006, 11:07 PM
i'm glad kimmie meisner or whatever her name is placed higher than emily boooski... i could not stand that girl! she has a bush/cheney smug grin about her. i wasn't really crazy about sasha either.

Iago
02-24-2006, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Asharak

Besides, I think the real reason many people watch ice skating is for all those shots of booty-butt booty-butt booty-buttcheeks.

Bingo.

650lex
02-24-2006, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by YelloKitty
i wasn't really crazy about sasha either.

agreed

glad she fucked up
that'll teach her!

Dr Jesus
02-24-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Sasha Cohen

Rockstar! Yeah That's me! Rockstar!

golivar
02-24-2006, 01:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/golivar/randoms/catpodium.jpg

he's been on an emotional rollercoaster for the past two weeks, but mr. poopy is taking it all in stride. a true olympian.

Steven P
02-25-2006, 03:21 PM
How times have changed. I'd much rather watch the Olypmics than Friends or Will and Grace these days. As a matter of fact, I've been quite hooked on the Winter games this years. Minus the skating crap. Those downhill/super G/Giant slalom skiiers are out of control crazy people. But yeah, I've really been into this stuff this time around.

kamenriderv3
03-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Hoth2014.com